1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new 2015 chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fireside, Jul 27, 2015.

1. fireside

fireside Senior Member

This new truck final brings an era to a end. All my trucks are now Chevys. The bigger problem what plow. After being a 100 percent blizzard user since 2000 not sure what I'm going to do.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Pic........?

3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Trying to get it off the phone!

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Use Google Chrome, three dots on upper right
    Select desktop version
    Scroll down to attach files
    Pick photo, upload, close window, 10 characters then submit

5. fireside

fireside Senior Member

first day at work
    image1 (1).JPG

image1 (1).JPG

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Curtis plow

7. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I had one back on my 99 ford really nice plow with zero problems. that truck went white in 2001. My town just took one off there 2003 ford f550 it plowed roads it's whole life.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Western wideout.

9. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Either Boss or Western

10. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

wide out .best money i every spent .cut my plowing time big time ..

11. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck!

12. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

I agree with the wideout. I love mine

13. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I'm going next week to look at western wideout and a V plow. It will also fit the undercarriage on my 2012 also so it had many plus's for me

14. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, congrats. Boss V or a wideout

15. fireside

fireside Senior Member

It will not be a boss. I have a boss box but I'm
    Not impressed with the plows.

16. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

i was a huge boss fan until my lift ram bolt fell out one night, and i had to drag it on the highway all the way back to the shop because i didnt have another bolt....... Plus my boss dealer sucks. my truck side wire went, so i temp ran a new truck side cable. brought it to dealer after storm. they said nope its the relay, and left the old truck side wire in. next storm same problem. i will most likley never use boss dealers again, i paid a mechanic i know 100 bucks to come to my shop at 3 am to run a new permanent truck side cable with the new relay. it seems boss has low standards when choosing their dealers. then again a friend of mine has a new western V and it seems like it brakes down every other storm.

17. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Western Is The way I'm leaning. What problem is he having and who did he buy from?

18. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

shattered cutting edge, and i believe something with the hydraulics. he uses a place up in springfield MA

19. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Just need a ratchet strap. Drive into a snow bank so the blade raises up then strap the blade up and drive home.

As for the dealer issue, that is too bad. Mine has been great to me.

20. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I believe boss is best but that means nothing if the dealer is bad. Report it to boss because they will do something about that or at least did before it got sold. The best plow to buy is the one with the best dealer support for the most part