1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2015 chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sixofus09, Oct 14, 2015.

1. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

I got a 2500 with no options. (Good deal on lot) trying to get a plow. Fisher is local to me. I I only have one option. Hd2 8'6". I was going to try to get the xv2, but they say I need the beefier front end. 5600? I believe. Anyone run into this. Asked the parts guy...clueless about different front springs. Dealer is suppose to get back to me . Difference is 700 bucks between plows, figured I'd go with the v. Any advice would be great. Would the timbrens? Adjust the front enough to allow heavier plow or do they just help with wear and tear?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Definitely go with the V. Timbrens won't raise your FAWR at all, they will simply stop your front suspension from bottoming out. Heavier springs or airbags. Airbags would be my bet so I could let the air out when not plowing and have a stock ride.

3. JustJeff

You could also find a different dealer that will install it for you. Your dealer is simply covering their ass, which is understandable. If you have it installed at a different dealer, the one that is close to you will still do warranty work for you, but you'll be last in line since they didn't sell you the plow.

4. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

Is their an air suspension that seems better than the other. I just want everything set up right. Only 500 miles on it so far. Would like it to last, not break all the time. Thanks for the quick response. It's a great truck. Just want to try to keep it that way.

5. JustJeff

I know of two manufacturers, although I'm sure there are probably more. Firestone makes one, and the one I like and am having installed next week is Air Lift. Air Lift has a system that has a remote to change the air pressure in the bags remotely, from in the vehicle, next to the vehicle, etc... This is what my local upfitter suggested, and after researching them I like their product and am going to go with. I don't want to have to get out and mess with a Schrader valve every time I want to change air pressure.

6. JustJeff

Or, get the straight blade and add wings. Wings make a straight blade roughly 30% more productive.

7. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

look on the configurator of fisher's site to verify they may not be plugging your truck in properly. also does your truck have the plow prep package? the 5600# front end is one of the higher ones and should take significant weight. there is only one higher rated front and that is the 6k.
    not knowing what you have the only configuration i can get to not offer all the plows is crew cab, diesel, long bed with 5600 lb front and gvwr of 9900.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  8. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

I have the 4800 front. It is a crew cab with standard bed. The gvwr is 9500.

9. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

nothing wrong with a straight blade.

10. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Also my understanding from what my dealer told me is if you put a plow on without the plow prep then Chevy will void your warranty.

11. JustJeff

In this day and age, where productivity and time mean money? WRONG. A straight blade with wings at a minimum.

12. JustJeff

Which PART of your warranty? It's not a blanket void/no void issue. I "voided my warranty" by tuning and deleting my Cummins. But I'm still having warranty work done. Know what you're talking about before you type some B.S. blanket statement here.

13. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

The whole reason I bought it was to plow. They got me the best deal they could make. Every time I told them I don't want to void my warranty. They reassured me if was fine. The sales man, sales manager, and finance guy. I just had to add what I wanted out of pocket. Which is fine, but I'm kinda getting the run around about upgrading the front end. I thought I could just get bigger springs put on my dealer then I'd be golden. I'll have to call them back today. I wanted them to put it all on, so they could back it up. Getting colder here is NH..... I it won't be long.

14. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Under warranty, the dealer WON'T INSTALL different springs.....unless you pay for them, and the labor installation.
    However, the door jam sticker is still saying you don't have the proper springs

15. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

you bought the wrong truck. but that being said you can still do what you want you just can't get as big a plow as you want.

16. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

also i agree with the above. your warranty is not blanket void. the front suspension for sure is void! aside from that i can't rally imagine anything else being voided due to a plow on a non VYU truck. oh and if you get the electrical gremlin that resets the radio they probably won't go chasing it down for you.

17. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Didn't realize I had to be exact with what parts get voided! I'm just trying to help out, I didn't want him ending up at a different dealer for warranty work and finding out they won't cover it.

If you want the whole list my dealer said would be voided here you go: Front axle, front suspension and related, parts of the electrical system, damage to the frame. The list goes on but again that is only what MY DEALER informed me Chevy would void along with anything they could say was caused by the plow.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It really depends on your dealer. Put the big blade on forget about it you'll be fine. We've been putting to hug of blades on pickups for 30 years and had very little problems. Most problems are from abuse anyways and warranty won't cover that. Our dealer is great with us

19. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

Sales manager says as long as I get a licenced plow installer put the plow and springs on he won't void my warranty.

20. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

And is the sales manager going to put that in writing for you? I doubt a sales manager would void anyone's warranty since they do sales and not service.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015