1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2014 Silverado Revealed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowguy43, Dec 13, 2012.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Interesting... As of right now I think I'm gonna keep my '12 Denali HD... Not really digging the new interiors all that much...

Pretty lame there's no powertrain out for the half tons, still same ol same

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I like the front end and interior. I really like the interior a lot actually. But the wheel wells are awful. Plain. U. G. L. Y.

4. plowguy43

Supposedly the engines have a lot of upgrades and are all aluminum blah blah blah. They have direct injection now which is usually good for about 10% increase in power. But who knows, they are staying quiet about the power ratings so it may be more?

5. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Wow that looks awful. Like mentioned before the wheel wells look like a square, the grill and entire front looks awful. The whole truck is too bulky looking. All three brands are going thru this phase that just doesn't look good, imo with Ford being the Chevy now being the worst. I would much rather of a 12' denali HD. But I will never buy any diesel newer then 07 due to the emissions. This is jmo.

6. Rainer

Rainer Member

That notch in the rear bumper corner to be used as a step. Seriously? You can't lift your foot 4" higher and just use the bumper? Or move over and use the step in front of the license plate? Stupid gimmick.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I've seen them in person and remember them looking pretty nice. The wheel/tire combo looks disproportionately small in those wheel wells and maybe that has something to do with it. I agree that they aren't the nicest looking, but I think all full size trucks are getting too bulky looking now. There's a pretty sweet limited edition color that'll be out too.

8. plowguy43

LOL so true! I imagine that will get filled with snow/ice pretty quickly.

The 2014 GMC has also been revealed and looks better IMO.

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

It seems like chevy is just catching up to the competition when they should be thinking ahead. The new truck does have some good and bad features, but I would be worried buying one with all these new motors and technology into the truck. Here are a few highlights good or bad, the people will decide

In both cases, the manufacturer sealed the front nose, bringing in enough air for cooling while retaining aerodynamics

New for extended cabs are front-hinged rear doors that open without you having to open the front doors first

These all-aluminum units are what GM calls EcoTec3 engines, and all use cylinder deactivation, direct injection, and continuously variable valve timing to improve efficiency, and in the case of the last two features, improve performance.
    There is now oil-jet piston cooling that works when there is higher load demand on the engine.

10. Rainer

Rainer Member

Quote from a 25 year GM (Chevy dealer) mechanic: "Don't ever buy the first model year of a new engine, transmission, or suspension. Let someone else do Chevy's R&D for them, Chevy, and you."

11. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

2014 Chevy

Sorry GM fans but that look hideous, save for the GMC model! Tires are not square and therefore the wheel wells should not be either! The headlights are ugly and the whole truck looks too boxy! I also noticed all of the chrome under the tow hooks. This is generally where notches are made for plow receivers! Not sure how that is going to work? I'll stick with my Ford!

12. durafish

from 02919

I'm a Gm guy but I'm with you, but the new Ford is ugly too. Ford looked the best in 08 imo and 97. Chevy looked go from 95-07 and dodge, well they never did much for me.

13. plowguy43

Dealer mechanics aren't a know all be all, I've owned and had plenty company cars that were all first year models. I've put 30k + miles on my company cars in 10 months and never had a problem.

That Chevy front bumper reminds me of the Dodge 2500 HD front bumper.

14. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I won't disagree with most of your years. 1997 and 2006 style were good for both the f150 and f250. I like my 2011 superduty with the exception of the large chrome grill. I hopefully will be changing that to look like the king rach grill.

As far as Chevy, after the 2000 style, I haven't cared much for them. I owned a 2007/8 but wasn't fond of it! The wheel wells were square, the bumper was plastic and huge!

I agree on dodge. I have found that only certain colors make the truck look ok!! Thumbs Up

15. durafish

from 02919

Yup me too almost looks the same.

16. durafish

from 02919

Yea the Ford isn't bad except the Chrome grill.

17. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

2014 GMC Sierra

[​IMG]

Much better but can't stand the squarish wheel wells! The fog lights look Ford-ish!

18. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Sierra is much better but....they say the half tons have more durable, heavier front suspension. BUT, and this kinda puts me off of the 1500

ELECTRIC POWER STEERING!!! :realmad:

19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

My truck had less then 2000 miles on it and it was turbo back, erg delete, 0 emission's equipment, I will do the same to my next new truck as well, all that stuff is rediculus... Nothing wrong with a new truck with no emission equipment :)

20. plowguy43

LOL I love the rear doors, Dodge much?