1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2013 Dodge Ram 2500s

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by drivewaydoctor, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Hey everyone,

Well after a 2 year break from plowing I've decided to get back into the game. This time I am coming in stronger than ever with the recent purchase of three 2013 Dodge Ram 2500s with 6.7 Cummins.

Now I'm shopping for some new plows for them. Thinking I am going to go with Blizzard (due to cost).

Here are my 3 new plow trucks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Wow you're stepping back in a big way! Congrats on the new trucks.

3. Thanks pal, we've expanded just a little... lol

[​IMG]

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

You buy 3 new diesel pickups and choose the plows by price?

5. Thats why I choose the plows by price. You know what 3 of these costs here in Canada? lol

I also dont have any clients anymore so I need to start fresh.

6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Nice looking trucks
    Maybe you can get some old clients back

7. Thanks.

Doubtful, I moved 100 miles away from my old city recently.

8. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on your new fleet! Welcome back.

9. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder which ones yours :rolleyes:

10. Lol I was wondering if anyone would point that out. Yes fully loaded with leather seats, heated seats and steering wheel, air conditioned seats and automated climate control and of course the DVD player in the dash for those 3am breaks. Lol

11. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Now you've got some dogs in the fight!!! Nice trucks. I run the same myself and it put on a lot of hours plowing last year. Watch out for problems with your DEF systems though. I've been back to the dealer at least four times for DEF related problems. Check engine light keeps coming on.

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck with the trucks. The luxuries sure are nice on those long shifts.

13. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck with the trucks.

14. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome back !! Any reason why you picked Dodge over Chevy / Ford. Not being a hater .... just wondering what guided your decision.

15. I've owned Dodge, Chev, Ford and my personal pref is by far the RAMs.

I just love how they look and drive.

16. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

Nice rigs, 8100pp will look good

17. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

What kind of Blizzards? Speedwing, Power Plow, what? I love their plows, just hate how fast their finishes go to hell. I like a clean looking rig.

18. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

In my equipment thread there's some pictures of our '12 cummins with a Blizzard Speedwing. The simplicity of that winged plow is nice over a hydraulically operated plow, which we have also had (Wideout and an 8610PP) the cable have snapped a couple times on the Speedwing, the mount hangs way too low even with a levelling kit, the finish/paint isn't super tough. Overall ya the prices can be good but we've had better luck with other plows. Just my first hand experience running them on a similar truck. Hope that helps and if it's any consolation I plow the same storms you do so it's good firsthand experience.

19. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I went ahead and purchased 1 Blizzard Power Plow 8'-10') and two 7'6" straight blades and one blizzard 7' slide in box salter.

Everything gets installed the week of august 11th.

Looking forward to a great winter setup this year!

20. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Are you seriously putting half ton plows on your HD dodges? A 7'6" is a kids plow for that truck!