1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2012 Super Duty question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bowlerdude, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Bowlerdude

Bowlerdude Junior Member

I'm finally getting rid of my POS 03 Chevy 2500HD. I currently have a Western 7.5 Poly Pro Ultra mount. I know the season is over but the deal I got on the new Ford was pretty good and I couldn't wait any longer or I would have faced more expenses in repairs.

The questions is how is the front Air Dam Handled on the Super Duty. It seems the Air Dam will either have to be removed or at least cut for the Receiver brackets of the Ultra Mount on the Super Duty. Any insight would be appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Dump the plow to and put on a Boss v plow. .Yes ,either take it off or notch it.
  3. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

not sure if the air dam is the same on an 05 if it is you just notch the dam
  4. 05Duramax073

05Duramax073 Member

Talk to your parts department at your dealership. They have a narrow air dam designed for the 2WD trucks that is small enough where you do not have to notch it. Makes the truck look better too without that big piece of plastic hanging down.