1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW 2011 International Triaxle

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Jul 21, 2010.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I finally had some time to post a few pics of our latest addition to the fleet. Good for a 23 tonne payload, 18 spd tranny, 550 hp cummins. Air ride suspension and cab.

JOHN CRESS N3538 1B.JPG

JOHN CRESS N3538 2B.JPG

2. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

Thats a nice looking triaxle kcress... do you have any updated pics of the fleet?

3. jdo150

jdo150 Member

Nice Looking truck, best of luck with it.

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

very very nice! i have a friend that works for an International dealer here, hes gonna give me a call when they get the new terrastars in.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck. Good luck with it. I hope it makes you alot of money.

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck

7. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Nice looking truck. But i hate the way the lift axles are in canada. Being so far ahead of the tandems. Plus if you run re-caps i would think if one blew it could rip the battery box off lol.

8. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Very nice. Looks like a steel box. Why steel if so?

9. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Axle spacing has an affect on legal load doesn't it? I remember in a past life driving big trucks it did. I presume that axle is steerable too right? Your new truck is very nice too btw.

10. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The lift axle is spaced like so to get the maximum payload.

11. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We use our trucks for all kinds of material from asphalt to agggregate and sometimes rock so steel is the best for everything. Even with the steel boxes the truck is good for a 22 metric tonne payload and we can hook on a tri axle pup/pony trailer dump and get it up to a combined payload of 42 Metric tonne or american 46 tons.

12. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The airlift is not steerable on that truck but I think in a year or two all tri axles in Ontario will have to come with the steering ones.

13. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Must be a canada thing. Cuz your tandems are more part too then US trucks.

I can get a 24ton payload on my truck in PA. In the US it is different state to state.

Maybe im just use to looking at US trucks so when i see a truck like yours i think it is goofy looking. lol Im sure you think the same about ours :drinkup:

14. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

awesome truck! I'm aiming for that someday down the road..

15. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

thats why its called canadian spread, haha

nice paystar by the way, but they are not built like the old gullwing hood paystars at all. what you running for suspion under the back? where is sthe dpf located on yours, on the 2 new paystar we have sitting on the lot at work they are both verticle behind the cab, yours must be underneith, 2011 huh, must be an older engine since i do not see a urea tank in any of the pics, smart choice to get one sooner then later.

16. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw your post today. The suspension is Hendrickson Air Ride, and the DPF is underneath. We ordered the trucks as 2010 models to beat the urea for the 2011's. The engines were delayed from cummins so by the time the truck was to be built all the 2010 models were gone. So luckey for us we got a 1 year newer truck for the 2010 price.

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It is kinda funny to see that lift axle right behind the cab, but it's easy to understand the advantage. I presume the lift axle tires caster for cornering?

18. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Funny, we think your axle positioning down there is awkward.

19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What does that thing have for gears?

20. A&LSiteService

A&LSiteService Senior Member

Good looking truck!!!!