1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2011 Ford F350

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by billcolandscape, Sep 15, 2011.

1. billcolandscape

billcolandscape Junior Member

New truck, picked it up saturday.

My Ford f350-2.jpg
  2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Beautiful. I'll be ordering one soon. Any suggestions on what options to look for?
  3. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

nice yellow fisher plow would make it even nicer
  4. billcolandscape

Thanks. This truck was actually ordered by someone out in Pennsylvania but reneged on the deal. I saw it on cars.com and told my dealer in Jersey about it. They went and swaped a vehicle and got it for me. Truck is great. Gets 18-20 around town. 20-25 on highway. The 20" wheels make the truck in my oppinion, i like the back up camera, got the dual altenators, FX4, Diesel is so quiet and its real heavy duty. The guy who ordered didnt get sync or sirius, my only complaint. Yea, gonna either put an 8.5' fisher hd or 8.5 xtreme vee
  5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck. I'm jealous! If you are going to put a yellow blade on it, I sure hope it is a Fisher. Don't ruin that beautiful truck with a Meyer!
  6. billcolandscape

1 more picture i took

My Ford f350-1.jpg
  7. billcolandscape

Yea, only buy fishers. I got an xblade on my 550 and its great.
  8. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Awsome truck, really like the colour to!
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. An 8.5' Xtreme V would be awsome on that truck.
  10. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Lookin sharp! Defiantly post some pics after the blade is on. Congrats and happy plowing.
  11. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

Western Wide-out!

Congrats on the truck. After you get a few miles on her the mileage will go down. Mine started about like yours and now I'm getting 15-16 in town and 18-20 hwy. Still very good number considering the emissions crap. I've only put 2,000 miles on the truck so far. I plan to remove the emissions b.s. after 10,000 miles or so. Voids the warranty but upper 20s for mpg on the hwy is a nice trade.

Good luck either way.
  12. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Here is a start... The supplemental heater is nice in what cold we've had in the recent week. Snowplow prep is a joke on the fords. If you have the camper package you have heaver springs to begin with is what I was told. Add timbrens up front and you will be good.

13. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Very nice looks sharp. What red is that? That what they call vermilion red?
  14. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

You'll love it, I have just about 2300 miles on mine and like it more every time I drive it.
  15. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

$3,000.00 for sat radio and a nav system what a waste, hope you didn't order that. Let me guess thats the sticker off of your new truck....................:laughing:

Where's the pics?
  16. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Best of luck with it, I love mine!. I certainly dont get the mileage you mention out of mine, I get 18.5 to 19 at 75 mph, and around town I get 12-14, all that has been with the ac on, so I will see how it does in the cooler weather. But I love driving this truck, you will to. The power is awesome!
  17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Go with a BOSS, Red Truck + Red Plow = Thumbs Up
  18. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Thanks Grassman. Lets see some pics of your truck. $78,000 holy crap! I have a feeling mine won't be quite as nice. I was told unless you get the snow plow prep a plow will void warranty. What does the FX4 package include?
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  19. billcolandscape

Yes its vermillion red. Mine is XLT i didnt get nav. FX4 just comes with skid plates and some other crap.
  20. billcolandscape

and yes if you dont have plow package it will void the warranty. Its only like 55 bucks. Worth getting dual altenators too, they are only like 50 bucks extra as well.