1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2009 international 4300 sander

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Oct 10, 2009.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Almost ready for snow.

October 11 2009 018.jpg

October 11 2009 019.jpg

October 11 2009 020.jpg
  2. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

What a gorgeous truck. If you dont mind me asking what does that complete set-up cost????
  3. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

2009 INT Sander

The truck was around $70000 plus the box and stainless tenco 6 yd sander. The sander was about $14000 CDN. Everything all in was about $90,000. I love driving it. The visibility is amazing and it can turn sharper than my pickup. 6 speed allison automatic and good for about 10 ton payload. We ran almost 1000 tons through it last season. I am sure the same truck in the US would be $10,000 to $20,000 less

4. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

No plow on that beast?
  5. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Not yet. Too hard on the front end. This truck usually runs about 6 -8 hrs just sanding behind the crew.
  6. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Nice setup! I'm curious as to why you went with "landscaper" low sides/fold down, considering the payload capacity of that unit.
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice looking truck.
  8. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Very nice truck. Hopefully I can up grade to one of them soon.
  9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

very nice truck looks like a beast :drinkup:
  10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That is 1st class :salute:

Good luck this winter
  11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I would love to have something like that. Just my opinion but the back end of the spreader witht he lights and such looks a little "thrown together". Not sure if you were just working on it or what but all in all very nice rig.

Good luck this winter
  12. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The landscaper sides allow us to clean out the salt sand build up in the front a lot better. As for payload we only use it occasionaly for topsoil or aggregate in the summer if we have some customers who want a small load in a tight area. 90 percent of the time we use our triaxle dumps to haul. They are legal for 21 - 23 metric tonne.

13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Vary nice truck and fleet!

Ever thought about taking the body off and just mounting the salter on the frame? I'd be saving that body for summer work instead of having it rot out from the salt....
  14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure JD?:D
  15. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Great looking truck. I've just recently been kicking around looking for a replacement for our 93 4700. Is this 4300 under 26000 GVW? What engine, 466E?
  16. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I think it has 230 or 250 hp, not sure which engine 466 sounds familiar. GVW is 33,000

It has the allison automatica as well.
  17. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We had a topkick previous and we had the sander just on the fram and we found at the front of the sander belt the sand would get all into the frame, driveshaft, and exhaust. With the landscaper box we just fold down the sides once in a while and clean out the sand and salt.
  18. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Not to mention taking these boxes on & off isn't realistic. I would imagine the box is full welded to the frame at the hinges & the scissor lift.
  19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I highly doubt that!

Kcress - good point, guess it all depends on the salter you have...
  20. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Kind of hard to dump a box that is welded to the frame. Remove the hoist pin and the hinge pins and the back at pick it off. Not really that hard.