1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2009 F 250 Crew cab

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Hgomaha, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hgomaha

Hgomaha Junior Member

I recently purchased a new F250 and I am trying to find out about installing a snow plow prep package on it . The dealer told me I needed to do it when truck was a factory. Iam guessing know that it will cost me more to upgradesprings and altenator? I due have factory installed camper package which up graded spring in rear and front in that enough? If anyone has a answer for me I would greatly appreciate it . Thanks

2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I dont have one on my 250, its an 04, I do have a factory tranee cooler, and the alternator I bought from napa,

3. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Gratz on the new rig though!

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

The springs you can get from Ford and will take you about an hour to change out, you don't really 'need' another alternator, but you could get one for not too much.

Welcome ussmileyflag

5. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

ive got a set of 6500lb front springs for ya. they are basically brand new take offs. ill ship em too. let me know if your interested

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't forget to put a Boss v plow on it.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It will work just fine as it sits.
    Add plow and go.

8. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

I have a set of 6000# coils taken off a 2007 F250 with only 241 miles on them if you're interested. Ford p/n 5CZ-5310-CA