1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2007/2008 Design

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scottL, Oct 27, 2006.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Local Check dealer in St. Charles, IL just got the NEW 1500 Chevy truck in today. This unit was decked with everything, crew cab, sport wheels, 5.3L, 4x4, leather, etc, etc. Listed for 44K.

Started it up and it was probably quieter than most cars, very smooth. The engine compartment is very clean, open and easy to gain access to most everything. In fact the under carriage was very clean, organized and tight. The whole truck had some definite thoughts of bridging the truck and car world in some of the areas.

In the crew cab you use to get some 6" of behind the back seat storage. Not any more. The seats are bolted to the back of the cab and now offer a flip up full bench that allows for lots of storage under the seat. Mixed feelings on this one.

This unit had the lower profile bling-bling tires and made the truck a knuckle dragger for front end clearance. The black 4" wrap around air dam comes off with what looks like 4 bolts and many clips. The ugly part is the area for mounting a plow.

As for the plow you'll see in the picts there is not much room for a plow mount. The rails seem paper thin - definitely thinner than any mount or frame I have seen thus far. Maybe there is technology which counters the thickness - don't know. The lower part of the bumper ( see other picts on the net ) is plastic and is in the way of the frame. It would take a lot of cutting to mount anything on this. Maybe Chevy/GM has a snap in section which takes this into consideration - don't know.

Here's some picts..... ( Hopefully they get attached ok )

Dr_under.JPG

Dr_under_close.JPG

engine_53.JPG

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah its called No Plow on 1500 -just like everybody else now:p

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

44k for a 1500 thats crazy theres 550 dump trucks with landscape dumps for that here.

4. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

Glad i bought an 07 Classic.

5. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I spoke with a freind of mine who works for a Fisher Dealer. He said that you will be able to put a plow on new 2007's in a 1500 Regular Cab (standard or long box). The Chevy.com website also says so.

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Yeahhhh. Just because something says so, on the website doesn't always mean success. This frame and especially the front bumper design is very different. Unless chevy comes out with a new snap-in nose bumper there's going to be a lot of cutting and some new type of mount from each of the plow vendors.

7. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I just got off the phone with my freind. He said that Fisher already came up with the push plates even before the new 2007's were released. He heard that the push plates for the new HD's are coming soon.

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Local dealer got a new chevy in....gonna look at it when everything slows down around here sometime...:rolleyes:

9. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

It is, but that's an LTZ w/Roof, DVD, Navi, etc...

The dumps are all stripped work trucks. I see them all day long for the mid 30's. I'm happy with my '06.