1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2004 F-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by beherit316, Sep 6, 2003.

1. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Finally Ford has redesigned the F-150, now it looks more like a truck.Check it out at Ford.com.6 long years of a ******** stupid looking F-150 , now it looks great.It looks like the ranger in the front.
  2. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

It looks nice, but I'm not sure about the 3 valve trition that they use now. The last ford engine (6 liter diesel) was a total flop. I'm hoping that the new Triton isn't a lemon as well. If it is.....then ford is screwed. Ford also emphasizes a new spark plug design, and a beffed up frame. It all sounds good, but I still can't consider a F-150 a truck to do any work with. I'm with you though, Ford has been making their trucks look like mini vans for too long now. They finally went closer to the classic truck with more square edges. I think a truck ought to be square.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't think it's that much different.The headlamps are like the newer Rangers and Explorer's,and a bit of the Super duty grill treatment.
  4. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

What do you think of the new 3 valve Triton Wyldman? And the spark plugs.....Ford marketing seems tyo think it is a big deal.....So I am scared. lol
  5. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

I haven't had a lot of time lately to look into the new Triton's.Most of the info out right now is all marketing hype.Give them some time to come to market,and we'll see.
  7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I really like the ford F-150. I really like the lightining to.:)
  8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Climbed in, out, up, down and all around several of them yesterday.

Love the looks from the outside. Bigger squared off bed on the pickups and a nice stepside treatment for them. All of them have 4 doors for access. Standard cab opens behind the seat as well as the super cab and the club cab.

Interior comfort is nice on LT,XLT and the Lariat ( high end ) Several options avail in each class as well as the Harley version and the King ranch being released. I'm not really impressed with the looks but the ease of use on the inside is very nice. Lots of drink holders and storage areas.

On the downside. They went to a Dodge style hood where the grill goes up with the hood. No protection for the radiator and core support is minimal. Just my .02 but I like the grill on the truck. It does make engine compartment access easy though.

I'm still undecided on the new coil over shocks. Haven't been too keen on the Dodge version of this but they say the load capacity is pretty good.

The rear shocks are outboard mounted for more response farther out on the axle. You can feel the difference on a bumpy road.

I'd probably buy the Harley version for the color scheme and the Heated leather seats but don't really like the full look of the console shifter option.

9. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Very impressive looking body style. Deffinitely more appealing to the eye than the Chevy front end look in my opinion.

10. Sndun

Sndun Member

I looked into them and I think I might finally start liking Ford a little bit. (Don't tell my friends!!) I was interested in the Lariat model but of course the plow prep package isn't available on the '04 as it was on the '03. Guess I'm going to be waiting a while now.
  11. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

I read last week that ford is going to spend 100 million dollars to advertise the new f-150. Thats a whole lot of money in my book.