1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 20 Ton Trailer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Snowplow71, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Just got our new Interstate 20 Ton, Air Brake, LED's, with the famous "spring assist" ramps. Love this trailer so far. Stops like a dream, and the lights aren't that bad either. I'll get more pictures tomarow with the other truck hooked up. The truck gets sandblasted next week thank god.:dizzy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thats a serious trailer man, and yea the truck could use a sandblast :nod:

3. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Stops like a dream Judging by the skid marks on the floor....do the tires even turn LOL

4. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

haha those are from the wet tires. It was raining here. Now its spitting snow!!! Maybe a salting event? Hope so...

5. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

That's a nice trailer. Looking for one just like that to pull behind my tandem. What is the deck length on it 19', 20' with a 6' beaver tail? If you don't mind me asking, how much?

6. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I have a 2000 or 2001 (I'll check tomarow) Winston 10 Ton new electric brakes, needs nothing accept paint (can sand blast for $$$) For Sale for $2,900. The new trailer is 20ft with the 6ft beaver. I'll also get back to you on the EXACT price for this trailer.

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that's is a nice trailer...

8. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Is that a 10 ton payload or 10 ton total gvw? I want a trailer to haul 2 machines at once, a 10K lb CAT MTL and a 8K lb mini ex at the same time. I think I am more interested in something like your new one.

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

that's hold my backhoe nicely lol jk. very nice trailer.

10. paponte

paponte Senior Member

That's payload. You could handle your 2 machines easily with his old trailer. Nice trailer snowplow! Were looking into getting a 20t ourselves, but I'm not taking the dive into new like you. We'll get used and do a little blasting and paint ourselves. Good lukc with it, and be sure to make some $$! payup

11. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I thought a trailer was rated by GVW

12. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yes they are, GVW on a 10ton trailer is 25,900lbs.

13. cretebaby

That almost makes sense:rolleyes:

14. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Makes total sense. Obviously there is no experience with larger tag trailers. The trailer he just purchased, I would almost put money on is a 40DLA rated at 20ton with a GVW of 47,600. :salute:

15. cretebaby

Your right no experience

But I said this

You said this

Which if is the case they would be rated by payload:drinkup:

16. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Snowplow, enjoy your new trailer, no intentions of hijacking your thread. Unfortunately there is STILL petty BS baby stuff that goes on here. At least the screen names are starting to fit the users. :cry:

17. cretebaby

And God forbid anyone should ask a question or ask for clarity in someones statemant :drinkup:

18. digit

digit Member

I got one like that last year but 24' flat and hydro ramps ilike it so far got it from George and Swede out your way.

19. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking trailer. I've had an interstate for a few years and love it. Definitly a quality trailer not like some of the crap out there.

Hope it makes you some money.

20. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I like the quality in these trailers also.

You had to go to the 25 ton to get the hydro ramps, and we didn't need the extra 5 ton so went with the 20. We got ours from George and Swede also, notice the oval sticker on the front side plate where your backhoe bucket goes ;)

Yes, well it says "400 DLA" but same thing
    I have the 10 ton for sale, just needs blasting and paint. Great trailer just a little small for us. Total price tag out the door was $18,000. Isn't to bad considering the Winston 10 ton electric brakes was $10,000 in 2001!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009