1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new 13 ft plow for my IT 28

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Nov 7, 2009.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I just stole a 13 ft plow off one of our graders and fabricated a new mount to fit our CAT IT 28F. Can't wait to try it. Also here are some pics of a building we were moving last weekend.

November 6 09 016.jpg

November 6 09 010.jpg

November 6 09 012.jpg

November 6 09 001.jpg

November 6 09 002.jpg

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks pretty good.
    Good luck with it this winter.
    How do you like the Deere Excavators?

3. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The Deere excavators are OK. The 892 ELC in the picture has over 17,000 hrs on it. We also have a 2005 200 ELC with 2000 hrs on it and and 2002 450 ELC with 8,000 hrs on it. We will probably be adding another CAT 330 size machine to the fleet in the spring.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Am I not seeing a trip system on that blade? I hit a manhole in a loader just running the gravel bucket once. Not fun.....

5. SuperdutyShane

I see. I have never run a Deere but I know a lot of people are pretty partial to them. I like the Cats personally. The biggest Ive ran was a 345 and those are some powerful things. It seems the 892ELC is about the equivalent to a Cat 330?

6. SuperdutyShane

Could be using it just to scrape hardpack/ ice? Might not want it to trip like crazy.

It might have trips springs though, I cant tell either.

7. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Good point. We will have to be carefull with it this winter. We also have a 12 ft protech pusher which we will be using more than the blade. We will probably use the blade on the larger lots or the roads we do, or if one of our graders break down.

8. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Yeah I'm partial to CAT as well but when we needed the machines we couldn't find a CAT that was priced right with the right hours on it. We bought the 200 new and the others used. Our 200 weighs 48,000 lbs the 892 is 72,600 and the 450 is 104,000.

9. SuperdutyShane

Wow the 892 is a lot bigger than I thought... What do you move it with? Triaxle lowboy I imagine right? What tractor?

10. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Just checked it does have a trip. The whole blade folds down. There are two springs in the big round black cylinders.

11. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Right now we use our 35 ton tandem float with an international tractor with a 425 CAT in it. The float has a hard time picking up the 892 when rehooking up. It is not legal but we don't go too far with it. We are currentl looking for a 55 ton triaxle with a 4th flip axle and a tandem jeep so we can move all of them including the 450.

12. SuperdutyShane

Hmm. Do you try sideloading it so you dont have to hook the gooseneck up again since its so heavy?

Good luck with a new trailer.

13. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We tried sideloading a few times with the 200 and its too hard on the float. Our current float is a 1973 King so we need to be gentle with it. If you know anyone with one for sale let me know.

14. SuperdutyShane

Oh, it seems you have to be gentle with most old equipment lol. Sideloading with the 892 could potentially break that trailer huh... I dont know anyone at the moment, but Ill keep you in mind. Also, have you tried trucktrader.com? They have a fair amount of trailers. What are you looking to spend? I have nothing to do, Ill take a little look :waving:

15. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Looking to spend 30 to 60 k

16. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here is a pic of our 450 working. 3.25 yard bucket

JC450excavator3.jpg

17. SuperdutyShane

Hmm thats a good looking machine

Ill send you a couple links in your pm for some trailers alright? Are you partial to any trailer manufacturer? Ill send some Rogers.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Shane, you neglected to mention that's a nice looking pickup there too. ECLB......

Glad to see that's a trip. I was wondering what those cylinders were for......

19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Nice try ......Palmer.:laughing:

Is that yor name or just a MarkO nickname?

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I wasn't saying I thought there were springs in there, though if I had looked at closely enough, I might have suspected it.

That is my name, just don't tell anyone......