1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 09' Chevy shifts badly

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by WIPensFan, Aug 21, 2009.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Bought an 09' Chevy 2500 4x4 regular cab with auto trans about two months ago. This is my second truck with the 6.0L engine. The 07' dump seems to shift quite smoothly whereas the new pickup is jerky and never seems to know what gear it should be in. Has anybody else had problems with this? Someone told me I should take it back to the dealer to have it retuned. Will this work or will it get better as the truck gets broke in?
  2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

is it a 4 speed? I've heard other people say this about the 6 speed
  3. WIPensFan

It is a 6-speed.
  4. tha_lildude

tha_lildude Member

I have a 09 1500 with the 6 speed and i think it shifts horrible compared to my dads 04 1500. it jerks and clunks and everything else. when im at high rpm and i suddently let off the gas than hit it again, the rpm jumps up but it also up shifts so it jams into gear. my dads truck never does this, neither does my moms 07 tahoe. my friend bought an 09 1500 with the 6.0 about a month ago and he was asking me why his tranny clunked as well. so i think its the 09's and their new 6 speed tranny. i think its horrible.
  5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

my 07 does this. Hunts for the gears sometimes.
  6. WIPensFan

That's a really good way of saying it! It's hunting for the right gear.