1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 03 Quad Cab 3500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by J&JProperty, Sep 6, 2003.

1. J&JProperty

J&JProperty Member

Here is the question of the day. I recently bought a 2003 quad cab 3500 with the cummins HO, short box. The dealer said it has the plow prep and dodge will warranty it because it has the plow prep on it. My million dollar question is....will my 8'2" Boss plow fit on it ? The plow worked just fine on my F250 SD with the powerstroke. I'm looking for suggestions / options as far as plows go. It will also have my poly spreader in the back - V Pro 8000. Any suggestion would be great.

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

The boss plow will fit the truck just fine. Buy the correct mounts and hook it up. its the correct size for the truck and wieght shouldnt be a issue here.:)

Good Luck:nod:

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

While the Boss 8'2" will work,it's kinda small for that truck,especially if it's a dually.If you already own it,and the cost of retrofitting it (new mount and wiring harness kit) isn't too much,then you may want to keep it.If the cost of transfer is too much,then trade it in and get a bigger plow.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

check your front axle weight rating first, true story, western went out and bought the same truck but in SRW, want it to plow at the shop and to pull their school 5th wheel trailer engineering said "oh sure, shouldnt be a problem" the truck shows up and they find out they cant put anything bigger than a 7.2lsx because of the axle rating.

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

That plow is too small for a dually quad cab. Go with a 9' blade if at all possible. You can use the plow you have, but it is gonna be a little small on there. Your truck can take a bigger plow, so you might as well take advantage of that. Good luck. Mike

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Doesn't matter if it's SRW or DRW,they both have 5200 pound front axles.They are plenty strong.A 9 ft will fit,and still not exceed the FAWR with the proper amount of ballast in the rear.

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

his trucks a single wheel,the 8'2" will work.Id use the Boss since you already have it,just get a mount for the 03 and the truck side harness

8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Is that new for 2003 with Dodge that you can get a 3500 series pick up truck in SRW form? I know Chevy is going to be doing that this year. Ford's 1 ton can be bought as a SRW or DRW truck, maybe thats why GM and Dodge are copying? Mike

9. wyldman

wyldman Member

Mike - the new style 03 HD's are availabe in a 3500 (1 ton) SRW.I guess they are trying to compete with Ford.Most people want the weight capacity without the training wheels attached. :D

10. J&JProperty

J&JProperty Member

Sorry guys - no new truck. Went to sign the paper work and what we had agreed upon on Saturday was different from the deal today. Anyhow, thanks for all the replies but I'll stick with my fords for a while.