1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Never used 2011 BOSS Power V for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by HazardAce, Dec 7, 2012.

1. HazardAce

HazardAce Junior Member

Hey Folks. My brother bought a Brand new 8'2" power V last fall hoping to get into plowing on the side. However, we never had any snow hear last winter. Now he has to move and is hoping to sell the plow. It has never been used. He's hoping to get $5700 OBO Also may include new truckside mount for 1999 Ram 2500 for another $300. Contact me at number below if interested.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Might have to lower price on that. You buy new and installed for around the same price.

but free bump.
  3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, it's already lost a year of warranty. They sell new near me around $5500
  4. HazardAce

HazardAce Junior Member

Ok. Thanks. I know it's pretty much the same new around here. Hence the OBO.
  5. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Hence looking for a sucker lol
  6. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Hence going to being sitting on it all year.
  7. HazardAce

HazardAce Junior Member

You are right. I got it wrong. he said $4700, not $5700. And, he's lowered it to $4400 OBO and will not part with the truckside mount. However, I can't figure out how to edit the original post. Thanks for pointing that out.
  8. grandview

It will keep sitting,you can buy a new truck side and have it installed for about 1500.At best 2k for the plow only.
  9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

$2k for a brand new Boss V???? C'mon Man! I got $2800 for a 3 year old Western straight blade. I don't think a grand-$1500 off new is out of line.
  10. grandview

Don't forget he's selling only the plow ,not the truck side. So your going to pay 4700 just for the plow when you can buy a new setup for around 5k.
  11. HazardAce

HazardAce Junior Member

Grandview, Around here brand new installed is a good $5800. I know because I bought that exact plow last year too, but I installed it myself, So I saved a good bit.
  12. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

Maybe this is purely where I live, but a new Boss V installed here is 6.5K everyday, that's a long way from 5K.
  13. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

True. He should include the truckside. I priced a Boss V 2 years ago and it seems like it was closer to $6k plus tax, which is why I went w/ the blizzard expandable for $500 more. If Boss is like Blizzard, then it's probably more now. My blizzard just went up $300 from last year
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You can get a new VXT from ESI for around $5100 complete. Shipping might be $300 in the States. It was $500 to Canada including broker fees and 1 Canadian tax.

That's a hard sell at $4400 IMO

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

At most just for the blade 2,500. Wish I had the extra cash cause that would be my offer for it.
  16. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Sounds like some guys are over paying! In Alaska that plow runs roughly 6g new and thats paying overpriced shipping with installation.
  17. HazardAce

HazardAce Junior Member

I can't help what you paid for your plow. I'm just trying to help my brother out. If i had a truck to put it on I would buy it, but I don't. It's worth way more than $2500, so your offer would've been refused most likely. We're open to any reasonable offers.
  18. rpm1

rpm1 Junior Member

well in order to sell it we kinda need to know how much your willing to take for it!! pm me for your bottom dollar
  19. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Boss just raised there prices for the first time in about 3 years this year, what my dealer/ distributor told me at the beginning of November.. Still even he said that a new VXT was around $5600 installed here in Western Mass..
  20. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I always like how people expect things to sell immediately for top dollar, but cannot even post a picture.

There really are no excuses, you want to sell - post pictures.

Market defines price. Good value priced items generate interest and sell fast. Other items take forever to sell, especially with no snow last year and this year seeming to start slow in most area's.