1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Never thought

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NPC2002, Apr 27, 2002.

1. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

Never thought there would be more snow this year. Looks like if this keeps up there will be 8-10 inches by moarning! Boy did I have to scrambled tonight,I bought a new Powerstroker and took the boss of the old truck and wasnt expecting to mount the under carriage till fall. What a pain the ass when you know it has to be done by moarning, well what is a guy suppose to do!!!Pennies from Heaven(in the last week of April) Andy

2. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

I know the feeling. My wife has been giving me a "ration" about leaving the blades on the trucks. She wants to drive one of them and I keep telling her it's not over. Expecting 6" or so tonight. 3 years ago we got 4 feet in 4 days this time of year!

3. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

Didnt get as much as our trusty weather men said. I need to call him and thank him for the head ach he gave me last night stressing to mount my plow. I sure wish I could have his job and be wrong all the time. Where are you from?timm9

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Been snowing for about an hour. Too warm to accumulate except dusting on the grass. Wife just said we're getting more snow this spring than we got all winter.:(

5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Never called for snow in our forecast, but they did say "rain" and we've been getting lots of it.

Last week there were a couple mornings where a dusting of snow was visible, but it didn't accumulate and melted pretty fast. All told though, it's been cooler than normal this past week - and May arrives Wednesday.

I must be the one to blame: finally got that bike and it's rideable now, that must explain all the lousy weather......................:(

6. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

NCP2002,
    I'm in The california Sierra's between Tahoe and Yosemite.

7. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

6 inches yesterday on the ground...Did'nt had to work, but those who plow street and commercial were on duty. All snow stuff was away for everybody, so sunday was a bad day for a lot of people to re-install all the outfit.

record for my area: 6 inches, may 7 1967. (don't want to beat it).

This is lunch time Tuesday and still 2" remaining on the grass.

Had to mow some yard last week, this is close to 2 weeks earlier than usual.

Crazy weather...and now a lot of people are sick because 2 weeks ago temp reach 100f and very humid, same as we were in the peak of the summer.