1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Never heard this term before

Discussion in 'Weather' started by grandview, Jan 30, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

On the news today they were talking about a storm coming up Tues. 2/5 and they called it a "mega" storm.:confused:
  2. STEVE F 350

STEVE F 350 Member

The mother of all storms...
  3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusic:cool:ussmileyflag:cool:Hopefully even if its exagerated, people will stock up on necessities and stay off the dang roads so we can get our job done, if and when it does happen.
  5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

what you mean the big rain storm?
  6. DBG

DBG Junior Member

they're calling it a nor'easter here in syracuse.
  7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Don't worry the forecast will change 20 times between now and then anyway.
  8. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

we dont count with them Steve we will get a mother of all rain storms like always :p
  9. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Same thing here. They said it will be like the younger brother of the 93 storm. Now we just have to go through the normal up and downs of weather forecasting.
  10. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

Looks like it gonna be a mega flop... I was looking at the jet streams on weather tap and the upswing from the gulf is already east of the east coast.

Bummer... (for me anyway)
  11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

The mega storm is for the ssmino now!:p
  12. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Circa 1996 maybe???

Looking all too familiar..........

13. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

I'm all for advanced notice, but some of us (me...lol..) can't wait for big snow (which we never get anymore).

The weather people need to shut up till they have a better idea what's going on....:realmad:
  14. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

I think mega is a little overboard. In other sections of the country they can get 5 feet and the next day the kids will be waiting will be waiting for the bus as usual. I didnt realize that less than 2 feet means mega around here. Maybe 5" and an inch of rain if we are lucky.

As far as terms go I still like Thunder Snow better.
  15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That means it an only be plowed with a Snoway Mega Plow:jester:
  16. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Um as far as I have seen over and over it wont even come close to upstate New York. So if you heard the word "Mega" it must have been for a car dealer have a mega sale or something