1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Never heard of this before how about you?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnM, Dec 16, 2013.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

I have never heard of this in all my years. Get a call that we don't have enough equipment on site . They want on site all season a loader with 10ft skid with 10 ft 2 plow trucks and a large dump truck at ALL TIMES. wtf I never heard if this . We did the last 3 storms with a blizzard 810 plow truck and a 10ft box on a loader. And had no problems with finishing time. I think they got a better price and are trying to throw us off.......
    I say f...em don't want that type of client anyway

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Is that what you're contract stated?

3. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

I think that they are just getting nervous. If you can do it to there plowing requirements, have lot open in time. and not charge them a ton of payup for hourly rates ( not sure if you are doing it this way). Then do it how you want.

However if contact states that you must have backup equipment and other items on site then you must follow the rules.

Another thing is what do they have in the lots next to yours. I had this happen to me once. Plant Mgr notice that lot next to his had a loader, skidsteer, and truck parked at all time, he wanted to know why we were not doing it this way in his. He failed to notice that his lot what full of cars 24/7, that he had more things sitting around outside, and that he did not get the same level of service that neighbor did.

Explained this to him and then let him know that if we did his lot this way price would be even higher than what he currently paid.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

go rent one and park it there and charge them for it .

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

There you go.....

6. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

yes i have

Was there a request to bid? Did it have a scope of work or set out any expectations? Did you tell them at the start of the season i have xyz equipment for this job? If they want it as Grandview said go rent it and bill accordingly.

7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

if you have to rent one, maybe you can get a good deal cause you wont use many hrs if it sits. Ya I've heard of such things, it's always stated in bid package or scope of work.

8. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

What sat in the lot last year? I'm sure you have driven by it in the past.. What did their contract say that you signed?
    I see that big boy equipment setting in lots all the time, I don't think it crazy to have it in writing..

You got to pay to play....

9. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

We stage almost twice the equipment we need at one site that is simply a good middle area. Management said we could keep anything in one part of the lot so we put all their and their neighbors equipment there. I told him it was a worst case scenario move on our part.