1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Never heard of these...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by derekbroerse, Feb 11, 2014.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/fod/4324171278.html

The Top Wings will help you keep the snow rolling , throw it back farther , plow deeper snow , you will plow it faster , make taller piles so they take up less space . These Top Wings are Patent Pending and Made in MN out of steel and the are powder coated to last . They will fit on all plows we make large wings for Boss , Western , Hiniker , and small wings for UTV such as Polaris , Mule , John Deere . They are easy to install on both straight blade and V-Plows and they do make a huge difference, this is a risk free offer . If you don't like them send them back within 30 days for a money back guaranty.The Wings start at 100.00 each side. We charge 25 dollars for shipping to anywhere in MN . Thank you for your time .

Anyone tried these things? Anything to their claims?

2. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Pictures make it look like it just makes more snow blast up onto the windshield. I can see how it could help with pushing more snow, at least on the light stuff. I would think it would mean more snow stays in front vs spilling over the top of the plow. To a point at least.

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

...a problem I can't say I have. My rubber deflector keeps it all in unless I am at road speeds. Almost looks to me like an attempt to make straight topped plows look like a Boss VXT, and make claims that they perform the same.

4. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

With the stupid cold we have been having this year all the snow has been super powdery. I run Hiniker Vs all with a deflector (some rubber some are some kind of plastic?). A certain property we do involve very long pushes to the pile as well as pushing everything around a large horseshoe roadway down to the same pile. Hard to describe, but they are very particular on where the snow goes at that place. I always seem to end up with some snow spilling over the top of the plow before I make it to the pile even with the deflectors.

I think you had i right, they are trying to make a poor mans VXT. i just cant see it working as well.