1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Never considerd a pull plow wow!

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by nor'easter1, Jan 2, 2011.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

For the first time ever I pulled over to watch a pull plow on a driveway that was tight and a dead end. I was blown away by a few things I saw. This guy could back this thing up within inches of a garage door and pull quite a bit of snow before stopping. Each time I saw him pull a load I said geez he is going to get stuck trying to back over the pile. Each time he went over it with ease which was impressive. How often have any of you guys got stuck by pulling out so much snow you could not back over it out, hell have done it a million times just back dragging. How do the controls operate and where do you have them in the cab? I am thinking of putting one on a 2008 f350 xlt. After eighteen years of back dragging and never watching one of these in action I am very interested.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The things are awesome aren't they. This is my third year with one. second year with one on my truck. And my first year with a ebling. (youtube search ebling back blade.) As far as getting stuck goes you just lift the blade about 20 feet from the pile so it isn't one huge pile behind the truck. I haven't gotten stuck with mine yet. The controls ar just a simple momentary on off momentary on switch for a basic up and down. If you are thinking of getting one eblings are the way to go. Some guys will tell you daniels but the eblings take the cake. The cost is more but they are built so much stronger. Here is a thread I have of my blade. There are a few guys on here that have eblings, but the ones that do love them.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=109569&highlight=my+ebling

3. nor'easter1

Good God the back of that thing is wide when you open it up. Hell of a machine as I have only scene the daniels in action never scene this thing. You must pull up to the average two car garage house and wham one shot clean. It still seems to me that if you are pulling a lot of snow away from a driveway say that slopes down hill how the heck can you lift the pull plow put her in reverse and jump the pile I mean that thing of yours can drag a lot of snow. Great set up I hope your customers appreciate that investment!

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think you'd really like the new style Ebling controller. They got rid of the switches and started using air plane grade toggles. They work really well.

On edit I see you already have them, sorry.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Lately I have been thinking more and more about adding one to the fleet.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Here is a list of vids of the eblings. Triple L and JD DAVES trucks are on here.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ebling+back+blade&aq=f

I have yet to have issue wiith pulling a driveway. The key is to be smart with it. If its a long pull and over say 4 to 6 inches I will use my front blade with the back blade to take some of the snow a little further out in front of the truck. If w ever get more snow I am going to make a vid and get some pics of my blade in use. Pulling driveways and in parking lots. When you are doing a driveway most are 18 feet wide. Figure a foot on either side of the door. Its 2 passes down to the end and then 2 or 3 pushes into the pile with the front blade. A very easy 25.00 dollars for only about 2 minutes worth of work.

7. nor'easter1

Boy I hope we get some snow for you would love to see in it in action. Looked up pull plows on utube and saw some guy in red truck using his pull at different driveways, my god on short ones it looks like they were snow blown it scrapes down to pavement and them some. Not enough snow money made this year to justify one but man next year I think for sure. Looked up that model you use and they are out of Michigan. Tell me how hard is it to install since a product like that would have to be shipped out east and I would have to under take this deal.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

All you have to do is bolt the mount onto the truck then run the wires. The only wire connections you need to make are at the battery and a keyed hot so the plow only works when the key is on just like the front plow.

9. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I have a 8 ft Daniels and I love it, the best $ 2000.00 I ever made and very easy to install yourself. If your gonna use one for driveways I would recommend a Daniels if your gonna be doing large lots, dock's maybe a Ebling is more what you need. Just my opinion I think Ebling's are over kill on residential driveways. For a new person to invest into a est $5000.00 cost for a pull plow and have a 14 ft wide plow thats 3 plus ft wider than your truck to start with is not a good idea IMO. The Daniels I purchased factory direct and not being mechanically smart I had it assembled and working in 2 hours very very simple by my self. If you look at Daniels web site they have a Video showing the assembly process you will be blown away how simple it is. I hope this helps with making up your mind, I researched for about 6 months before making my purchase and talked to alot of people about pull plows and when or If you get a pull plow after your first snow you will ask yourself why did I not get one earlier Gook Luck

10. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Here are a couple Pictures of my Pull plow

pullplow1.jpg

pullplow3.jpg

11. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

This is what I did I mounted my Pull Plow switch next to my Western Front Plow controller and then added a Color Tv Camera to the system (To much Money to sit on had to spend it before the Wife got it)

switch panels.jpg

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The only issue I have been hearing about the new daniels is the way they mount.

13. blmc5150

blmc5150 Member

If you do have a ton of snow you're pulling and afraid to get stuck, just lift it a little before you need to stop to give yourself some running room back. We've been using backblades for 25+ years (myself for 11) and am lost w/out one. Ditto on the Eblings!

Here's some of ours in action and picture day:

16235_1295571946314_1140803900_30912560_6038884_n.jpg

10" snow

extendaplow.jpg

8" snow Don't have this blade anymore, switched to an Ebling

P1013005.jpg

16235_1295571946314_1140803900_30912560_6038884_n.jpg

extendaplow.jpg

P1013005.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  14. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

15. blmc5150

blmc5150 Member

How well does the Ebling work on the Kubota? Does the tractor compact to much snow to where it won't scrape clean?[/QUOTE]

It works great. Doesn't really compact it, not anymore than a truck does anyway. The steel edge in the middle is as wide as the tires and is beveled so it's always grabbing and scraping.

16. White Gardens

Good to know. I've been keeping my eye out for a tractor, but was considering saving money by getting one without a loader and using the 3pt. hitch to mount a pusher box on it and running it backwards.

The Ebling gives me another option.

17. blmc5150

blmc5150 Member

Mines for sale. Don't have the work for it. We are using it, just because we have it but our work load for it dropped.

18. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have never got stuck backing over the pile. Usually I lift the plow while still moving ahead, and it spreads the snow out a few feet. A problem I HAVE had, is in heavy wet snow packing the pile when I back over it and not being able to scape it clean with the front blade.

19. White Gardens

Ya, I don't necessarily have enough work for a tractor that big, errr, I mean Pricey. :laughing:

I'm actually just looking around for an oldy, but goody that can get the job done with minimal investment. I've got to be able to afford something that can sit and do nothing in the off season.

I passed up on an early eighties Versatile Bi-directional tractor that would have been perfect and I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on it.

20. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I have that problem aswell, but you will get that with any plow front or back.