1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Never been plowing, but want to, where do I start

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JML, Jun 29, 2000.

1. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

I have never plowed before. I got the truck 1998 Chevy 2500 4x4 with plow. Where do I start getting info on pricing and on how to plow. thanks <p>joe
  2. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Hi Joe -welcome to the place where people make money from weather that most people hate. I could tell you a whole bunch, but the easiest would be for you to review posts here (&quot;Show Posts &gt;&gt; ALL&quot;) and gleen from all the comments. There is also a professional organization, SIMA, that can be joined and apparently has a wealth of information. I plan to join some day soon...<br>Regards, John
  3. firedog

firedog Member
    from midwest

try being a sub for someone else to you get the hang of things.<p>----------<br>Rob S.<br>
  4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I think the plowing rate varries from location to location. My best advice would be to get a few drives and maybe a lot. The just start plowing, you will get the hang of it. Thats what my dad did 50 years ago, 50 years ago there was no lawnsite or SIMA.<p>Geoff
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Give me a call<br>860-859-0739<br>I will be happy to chat a little about how to get you started.<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
  6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Dino,, you just love to chat, no matter the reason. Hell yer worse than I am!!