1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Neutral safety switch on 2005 f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by vtdumptrucker, Jan 2, 2016.

1. vtdumptrucker

vtdumptrucker Junior Member

My truck is a yard truck. I went to start it the other day it started fine but was running rough, most likely the fuel., was moving truck when it stalled in gear, shifted back to park to restart and it did nothing. Have power to everything , does not even click. Thought it might be starter but I am not even getting a signal to the solenoid. Could this be my neutral safety switch? How do I test or bypass it? Thanks guys.
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

put it in neutral and try starting while moving the shifter. there are 2 torx head screws on the end of the shift tube that loosen up. when they do it throws the shifter off. if one or both of them fall out, you loose the shifter.
    it is very possible one is either very loose or already fell out and the truck is actually still in gear.
  3. vtdumptrucker

vtdumptrucker Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I will be checking this.