1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Network of Subcontractors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Amazingearth, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Amazingearth

Amazingearth Junior Member
    from 20132

Good Evening,

I am looking to set up a network of contractors in the Northeast that are in need of extra help. I am based in Northern Virginia and will travel as far as 8 hours to assist in a snow storm. Therefore, if we are not getting hit in Northern Virginia, I would be looking for work in the Northeast somewhere. If anyone out there thinks that this could be of help to them please contact me!

Matt

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You would drive 8 hours, spending 160 bucks worth of gas- one way- to plow as a sub?
    You better go get a second job to help pay for this.

3. Amazingearth

from 20132

I traveled for many storms last year. Would stay for an average of 3 to 3.5 days, not little storms. And I would come home with 5k in my pocket. Not too shabby if you ask me but think what you would like!

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I didn't run the numbers before posting. My apologies. You must come home tired.

5. Amazingearth

from 20132

I take a buddy with me and we switch on and off and just keep going around the clock. Works out great!

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

How many subs made that kind of money

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

That's normal on big storms. I get 85 an hour subbing. Sounds like he gets 65-70

8. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

How far are you from 495 bridge