1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nephew wants a plow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by blazer2plower, Nov 23, 2011.

1. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I have a 24D sno-way. he just got his first truck and wants to help me plowing he has a 99 s10 zr2 I know they don't make a plow frame I can weld and cut with the best of them. My question is how heavy is the 7.6V I do mostly residential and a few churches.
    Not worried about frount end sag ill do his truck what I did to mine. Any and all on put welcomed thanks guys and gals
  2. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

the VMD is about 700 lbs, get a MD75 it will do fine.
  3. blazer2plower

Ok thanks. I did not thank it was thar heavy. Ill let him know MD75 he seen a snow dog and liked it he told me no red or yello plows
  4. ppap

ppap Junior Member

I have an MD68 on my '02 ZR2. It required no modifications (maybe drilling a hole or two) and the wiring was straight forward. I had to add timbrens and tweak the torsion bars to keep the front end from sagging. ZR2s have low payloads and very soft springs. They were never intended for plowing. The dealer I bought it from would not install it because of the application but would honor the warranty if something went wrong.

I hook it up before the first snow fall and leave it until the spring. I use it to plow 2 good sized driveways and have had it for just over 2 years. So far, I've been very satisfied with its performance. My warranty just ran out so I'm hoping there won't be any problems.

If you do a search, there are a couple of threads with pictures. Be sure to post some pics regardless of what brand you choose. Always interested in seeing the ZR2's.
  5. blazer2plower

I plow with a blazer zr2 and I love it short it turns on a dime. 4.3 has a lot of power for its size. A cheep mod was to take off the front.
    bump stops and put on late 90's rear from a full size. And a bigger alternator 105amp was not big enough. Ill post picks of his truck when he get's a plow he is a good kid