1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

neighbor's plowing service

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rico, Dec 16, 2007.

1. rico

rico Member

What your opinion. My neighbor' has a 3 car wide driveway. My fence is about 2 feet from the dge of their driveway. Their plow guy push the snow right into the fence. He has done this in the past and broke the fence and did not repair it. He usually comes when I am out plowing. Well this morning he plows the snow right into the fence when he see me in my driveway. I confront him and ask him to stop. So when I am out plowing this afternoon he does it again. What you do? I thought we all on here to help each other out and one has to cause problems.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

talk to your neighbor. explain you concerns take pics of the fence next time he does damage call the police.

JR

3. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Steal the account from him and break your own fence.LOL:eek:

4. rico

rico Member

neighbor is a big PIA. How about plowing them in? Are there any laws against it?

5. WALKERS

As long as you dont get caught.:gunsfiring:xysport

6. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

-

How bout, just replace the boards in the spring and chalk it up to life's lil annoyances.

C.

7. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

find out where the contractor lives and plow in his driveway

JR

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Repair your fence with Concrete....

that will stop him...literally!

9. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I'd complain to the owner... sometimes owners tell them where to put the snow. Maybe the guy is getting paid really good to do that.

I push the snow against a fence on my property, a wooden one, and I noticed one time it started to push it out a little. But everytime the fence breaks, the guy says it's my fence, even though it was built against my house.

10. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

The answer to this is very simple. Shovel the snow back onto your neighbors driveway. When he asked what the hell your doing explain to him about your fence issues. If there plower continues to do it just take it a little further. My neighbor pissed me off so bad last year I took my loader and burrried his car overnight. He has never so much as looked at me again.

11. WALKERS

OUTSTANDING.:salute:

12. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Police report and a phone call to your insuance comp. . They in turn will go after your neighbors ins. co.
    try to be civil about it,

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

screw civil move the fence back 2 feet onto your property and install spikes where that fence use to be:gunsfiring::angry:

14. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

Don't get mad, GET EVEN!!!

15. KATTRANSPORT

Yeah I have never been one for being Civil, wheres the entertainment in that?

16. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

It is the proper thing to do . Hit them in the pocket.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Fix it in the spring time and bill the contractor when the repairs are done. If he doesn't pay make sure you have evidence of him doing it and take him to court for the cost of the repairs. You might be able to get him to pay for your time off of work for fixing the repairs as it is cheaper than hiring someone to do it??? Not sure tho!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  18. KATTRANSPORT

Who has time for court. Proper sucks

19. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

You;ll end up there either way. wesportlol

20. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thats what I figured too, but it is like 92xt said. You'll end up there anyway why not go straight there and get it over with.