1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

neighborhood plowing flyer

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by amcolandscaping, Oct 26, 2005.

1. amcolandscaping

amcolandscaping Member

I want to make a quick flyer to offer all my neighbors a special price for plowing with the effort to get most of the 10-15 homes in my neighborhood. Anybody have any ideas on how to make the flyer look. I want them to know that I live in the neighborhood and that's why they would get this deal. Any ideas would be great!

Matt

2. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

i designed my own flyer and added a cool header.. here it is

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  3. greenpastureslc

greenpastureslc Junior Member

Try this link HERE there's one at the bottom of the page and another at the top of the next page. You can save the images to your computer and edit to fit your needs.

4. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I jsut made this one yesterday to hang up on some bullitin boards but will also adjust it and maybe put some around the neighborhood.

anyone feel free to use it also and jsut put your info in if you want....i got a little happy with some clipart!! opinions??

Attached Files:

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

For neighbors I have found refrigerator magnets work real good. Most of them already know what I do for a living and having there neighbors phone # handy helps.

6. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

thanks for the idea!! how much does it cost to get magnets made up? as my flyer says i'm not looking to make a living out of it but i figure i have to go out and plow my drive and the parking lot at the hair/tanning salon we own so i might as well do a few drives while i'm out and make a few bucks. i'm not looking for a 8 hour job every 3 inch snowfall. I spend about an hour with travel time doing my own stuff. think it would be worth it to make magnets?

7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Any business supply store will sell blank magnets that are sticky on 1 side and magnetic on the other about the size of a business card. I put my business cards on them and hand them to the people I think will use them. Cost about .10 each or less.

8. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

thanks for the info....I might have to check into that!!

9. PlowerPower

PlowerPower Junior Member

I've used vistaprint.com for b-cards, postcards, etc. Prices and product quality have been very good.

10. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Donny O.... not that im an expert or anythign but any means, but I just think it sounds corny how you put just wanna make some extra cash ect. Makes you sound like a lowballer and people will think or hes just doin it for extra cash, 10 bucks will do. Ya see where I'm coming from? people dont read that long stuff. Keep it simple. Phone number, list services, name, ect.

11. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I appreciate the feed back. that is the stuff i'm looking for. thanks.

12. csatom

csatom Junior Member

Try the folks at DCP Print. You can find them easily by using Google search. I just got a thousand business card magnets that I was able to design on line for less than $200 shipped.

13. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Matt take some sound advice from someone experienced.....Dont work for friends family or neighbors. I can promise you only problems in the long run....

14. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Office Max

Go to office max, I got 1500 B-cards for $20.00, The have a very nice lay out selection:nod:

15. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I won't plow for anyone that I can see their house from mine. I don't need neighbor problems if something goes wrong. I do plow my moms drive for free.....

I charge friends a lower rate, but they understand and know they are getting a deal. They also sign an agreement like anyone else.

Derek