1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Neighbor Threatens Me, Loud Exhaust

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theguynextdoor, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I bought a 2000 F-250 as my second truck this year. I used it a lot over the past month becuase the other truck was down constantly. A neighbor across the street from 5 houses that I do came up to me one day and said if I don't get my exhaust fixed, he will call the cops. He said the neighbors complain about it at 3am. It has 2 cherrybombs in it that the previous owner installed. He says he has to go to work early because he can't go back to sleep when I plow the drives across from him. The truck is loud, and I was thinking of getting them taken out, but it sounds so cool. lol

What do you guys think? Anyone complain about the exhaust on your plow truck before?

I say, screw this guy and he's getting extra work done thanks to me, but I should probalby have the cherry bombs taken out. My mechanic will do it very cheap.
  2. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Obviously it's hurting your business image. Is it worth it?
  3. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Fix the exhaust, duh!
  4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

If it were me I would have fix now. That why I am put muffler on 89 F150 because it don't have any on plus it so loud.

trust me would you like to hear loud exhaust or bright light flash at you when you are try sleep?

I see you are 18 years and I understand it cool sound but you could wait until during day instead midnight to use truck with no muffler.

You are lucky he didn't call police now
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  5. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I hate plowing with a loud truck, 3 4 o'clock in the morning, I'd be mad to if I were the homeowner.
  6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I like my plow truck quiet. I want to hear the engine, not the exhaust. I want to hear my plow hydros, and the sound of the edge dragging, or the sound of a hidden suprise getting nailed with my blade.

I often show up to do residential drives between 2am and 5am. I'm not trying to piss off my bread and butter.

Put a decent muffler on that thing and learn to be polite. It will help you gain customers in the long run.
  7. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Well I have had exhaust on my personal truck before f 150 5.4 and it wasnt that loud when I got on it if you are doing driveways you probably are not even close to getting on it
  8. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Some people just like to b!tch, i have a Diesel and my neighbors ***** about me all the time,the sad thing is that there isnt anything wrong with my truck. thats why i dont do residential they are always a pain in the a$$
  9. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

lol... Boy ol boy, the things you read on here. Its like wiping before you poop.... just dont make no sense. Fix your exhaust dude. Heck, in my neighborhood people are likely to come out with firearms and all of the sudden, you are the person calling the cops! lol

RODHALL Senior Member

you can;t please everyone all the time. it is just that simple.

Do you NYers have to have inspections on yout truck done? Did it pass and would it pass again? if it did and would don't worry about it.
  11. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Do the right thing, take the advice from post's #2 #4 #6. They pretty much summed it up for you. Do you want to sound cool or do, you want to make money?

On a side note there is a character around town with noisy dual exhaust and a pair of huge fleshy "truck nuts" hanging off the back. ( sigh ) :rolleyes: "welcome to Hicksville"...
  12. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Get your exhaust fixed. Okay it sounds cool but if it's pissing off the neighbors you got a problem. The guy was cool with you telling you to fix it and not calling the cops. You need to understand that most people are asleep at 3 just cause you're up doesn't mean everyone wants to be up listening to your truck
  13. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I changed my plow blade to plastic...I'm eerily quite when I do the long interlock homes at night...I prefer to be stealthy.
  14. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

This is a question that you should already know the answer to. Go get mufflers installed on that truck right now. How would you like it after being up plowing for 24 straight hours and some guy next door ran his truck with straight pipes right outside your bedroom window. :yow!:

Regards Mike

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

haha, thats how we get paid up here you give em the pipes and they come out and pay. lol i would get some turbos its alot more mellow than glasspacks, but still sound good.i use yo have them on my 72 nova and everybody thought the car was a modded motor. the badasss burnouts probably never helped lol. oh and have downspouts put on itll direct the noise down. im sure your customers are aware of the problem so fix it imo
  16. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

17. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I would never show up at a customers house with an amplified exhaust. Thats just ********.
  18. big acres

big acres Senior Member

19. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

20. terraventure

terraventure Member

you should have th stock exhaust or equivalent. I have a diesel with backup alarm. I have never had any complaints but it is stock and has the equipment dictated by
    DOT so no one can say anything. I am not sure in NH but in ME glasspacks are illegal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.