1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Neighboor complains i put snow in the street...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Outd00r Maint.., Jan 23, 2010.

1. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

So this happened a couple weeks ago,so when we where finishing up are run's we did this home.so getting there we noticed the city cleaned around the fire hydrant.so i say to my buddy watch not to add snow where the city plowed,anyway i get out do the stairs and so while my buddy does the entrance and pushes it on her front lawn..then i notice the neighbor standing there ,so i said to myself "oh hes probably just interested in our stuff you know the kind that have nothing else to do and being nosey,anyway as we where leaving the guy shouts" you guys shouldnt put snow on the street" i said to him " where not putting on the street" you can clearly see none was on the street..then he says"well you guys always put the snow in the street" and was starting to be pist off...i look at him with a smile and left...

and now im just wondering all you would said?? :dizzy: since alot have different opinions.
  2. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

put a nice pile of snow in front of his driveway
  3. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

y en as toujoure des bizzard qui on rien a faire a par de se melé de se qui les regarde pas
    laise le faire moi sa fais un bon 20 ans que j'habite a la meme place et j'ai toujour mis ma neaige dans la rue meme si c,est formelment interdit par la ville de laval et j'ai jamais eu de probleme a par 2 ou 3 wereux comme sa
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

thats what i say when some one makes me mad, i probaly would have done what you did. but i had a customer's neighbor come out and yell at me when i was finishing up a resi at bout 4:30 and said i was to loud. imo his yelling was louder than my truck. so later that day i talk to my customer, and he hates this guy. so later that week i checked the city ordiance, and snow plowers are exempt from the noise ordiance :laughing: so this guy ran into my client at little ceasers, and apparently this guy had gone through everything to try to prove i was at fault. ended up saying i have to be 5000$ imsured to do a 100' private drive :laughing: ...

o btw this guy said he would call cops on me if i kept plowing:laughing:
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I'd ignore and keep driving. I'm sure he thinks every plow truck he sees is the same one and the behavior of one is attributed to the rest.
  6. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

had the same thing happen to me, but we almost got into a fist fight about it.

i was clearing a drive from a customer who had gotten my # and wanted to sign a contract for the rest of winter... older couple...

plowin drive, pushin snow across street that had not been plowed yet, pushin just onto the curb, because this particular town doesnt plow all the way to the curb.... guy standin in front of a house 2 doors down comes down and starts screaming at me not to put snow where he just shoveled... i was like u shoveled the street? apparently he shoveled 4 houses and the streets in front of them, out about 5 feet. comes up to my window pointin his finger in my face. i was realll close to gettin out and telling him what i thought.

i usually dont push across the street, i know you guys are going to say it. however after this affair i immediately stopped at the police station because i was in a different town than my own where im not 100% about the ordinances. cops tell me, next time tell the guy to mind his own, and bother somebody else because that law doesnt exist.

hasnt snowed here since then, or there would have been quite a nice pile waitin for him to shovel just to get his POS car out.
  7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Moi et toi! Pense la meme!:laughing:

Or else say..

"I clean it up! You'll have to take it up with the big guy who puts it there." Remember to smile.
  8. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

My reply: Its the neighbours property and who pxssed in your cornflakes, have a nice day sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

If I have to push across the street,i will always windrow it back,the same as the way it was.

:laughing: i second that!
    Or I think the guy owes you 5 minutes of time, bill him for being an idiot, don't waste a stamp, drop it in his mail box next storm, see what kind of response you get out of him, It could be worth the laugh and a new thread here for us all. :laughing:
  11. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

was his name Kahn?
    and does he own an ice palace?
  12. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

windrow allthe snow to the apron of his driveway and when he calls for the removel give him and estamte that willmake him run like hell!
  13. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

If you didnt put any snow in the street you have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
  14. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Ask him if you know him. When he says no, you say, "I must. I know your name. It's A$$hole!"
  15. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Ignore it......
  16. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

I had someone say something to me when i was doin a drive and i said i pushed back along the curb like the city always does....backdrag it some flip around push it in the street and push it to the curb. He came out again and said the same thing again I was like whatever dude and jus drove off. I jus ignore the idiots.
  17. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

against the law here to push or blow snow across or in the street.
  18. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

lance-si une boule de neige dans sont visage, LOL mondit sac-a-merde LOL :laughing:
  19. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I know here you aren't supposed to put any snow on the road,you are to keep it on the property you are plowing,and in the back roads no pushing it into the ditch as you can block them for spring run off.
  20. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

you did the right thing no need to get excited