1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

needing truck side mount!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by firebug130, Nov 2, 2008.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I have a 7.6 pro plow with the unimount mounting system. It came off of 94 chevy 2500. I would like to put this on my 99 1500. The only thing I know is that it is blade #60381. I have tried doing some research but it seems there is some conflicting info.

Does anyone know the part # I need for the truck mount as well as any wiring harness that I may need. I have all the wiring kit from the 94 2500, but I'm sure it won't work. My dealer is not much help either. The don't want to mess with it since it is used.

email me at firebug130@yahoo.com or call me at 502 609 7753.

Thanks,

I will also check this site for info as well.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This is all assuming that your '99 is the Silverado body style...

For the mount you'll need p/n 63330. Be careful at order time though as Western also used this same p/n for an attaching bolt for the Ultramount series mount for this same truck application. If the price comes up at only $5 bucks you know its the wrong item...been there done that before. ;)

You'll also need the headlight plug in harness kit...p/n 63392. This kit is the complete kit that includes all the small parts, relays, relay jumper wires, along with the necessary DRL diode and harness for this application. And although it also includes the main 9 pin vehicle harness which you really don't need, if you don't purchase the components as the complete kit, it's a pain to track down all the individual components of the kit that you actually do need and will use.

3. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Thank you for the help. Hope to have it going soon, Thnaks again

4. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member