1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Needing some INPUT!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DowhyTowing, Nov 9, 2011.

1. DowhyTowing

DowhyTowing Junior Member

I'm kind of new to a job this large and wanted a little input! It is a Apartment Complex that totals Appox. 205,500 sq. ft. so around 4.7 acres! It's fairly easy nice straight runs but tons of parking spots of to the sides of the straight runs! Just can't come up with a good number to charge most guys are $90hr around here for a plow truck! I don't have to salt or do any sidewalks at this location. I was thinking 5.5-6.5hr with one plow rig???? Am i close i was thinking $700+ per snow event 2" trigger and anything over 6" i will adjust the price! Thanks in advance!

2. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

Be careful. Picture the worst case scenario...all spaces filled with vehicles. What are you going to do with the snow? At 4-6" it's going to pile up quick and a truck won't be able to move it all the way to the end where you might have room in that amount of time. Make sure you have some room in your contract for additional equipment (loaders etc) because you will most likely need it.

Is it new to you because the previous company realized it was going to take more to get it done so they increased their price and the complex wanted to stay at the previous lower price? If so, you might be falling into the same trap so cover yourself and give yourself an "out" in some fashion.