1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Needing advise.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Breck75, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Hey its me again the new guy. What would all of you recommend for advertisement. This will be my first year plowing and I am wondering what the best way for advertising. Newspaper, fliers word of mouth or what. Also I have been told that $60 an hour for residential does this sound fair? What would be a good price for commercial? I will be mainly focusing on residential this year and hopefully if all goes well commercial next year. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kevin :confused:

2. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Breck,

Read everything in this thread:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=18970

You will also find other threads with similar info in the 'elements of business' section you can access through the home page.

Ultimately, it's your decision. I'm going with an add in the free "weekly shopper" paper we have around here, lettering my truck and having some business cards made up. I may do flyers but have not decided yet. In any case, what you'll read in these threads will help you decide.