1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Needed Western Spreader Gear Box

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dstosh, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I need a gear box for a western v box spreader. P/N 65178. I looked them up in cpw, but they are pricey. If anyone knows of any other options i'd appricate it. Thanks

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

any one? bueller????????

3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

bump ttt still looking

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

got a pic of what you need?

i scraped a old yellow vbox 1time. kept the gear box unit. never know it might work.

5. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Something Like this? I got it apart. Bearings were siezed up. I would still like a new/different one though...that is if i can even get salt!

Thanks

spreader box.jpg

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

here is what i got. round shaft in and out with key to link shaft or gear or coupler to shaft on bot. still has coupler on shaft facing up in the pic. spins free and no real binding at all. was on a live hydro truck. somthing like 20-25 to 1 range if i recall correctly.

were are you in ny ? 2-3 salt plants nere me here.

stuff for sale 003.jpg

7. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I dont think that will work, Thanks though. I am in WNY about 40 minutes N of buffalo.