1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

needed marketing tips

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by vipereng2, Dec 16, 2005.

1. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

what do you guys do for marketing to bring in work::help:

2. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

come on nobody markets their bis.

3. rockhard123

rockhard123 Junior Member

It is late in the season to grab commercial accounts unless you just get lucky and find a disgruntle one. You may want to focus on the residential or will call service. One thing to try is to make a 8" x 11 1/2" brochure or print a piece of paper from the computer then have your friends and relatives post it on the boards where they work.

4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I market my business by walking into the business, approching the appropraite person, and explaining how my service can help thier business. I guess it's easier for me because I am the only one in a town of 5400 people who does snow removal with pickups. Anyway, I find the upfront approach to work the best.

5. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Put a boxed ad in your paper. It'll catch some procrastinators.

6. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Put your phone number on the side if your truck. Big block letters SNOWPLOWING 123-4567. I used magnetic signs I had made up from Office Max. It has worked for me for many years.

7. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

place an add in the newspaper and make sure that your truck is clean and lettered. If you are into driveways you should also look for free places to hang a paper with number rip offs.