1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

needed ASAP price on f-650 cab/chassis

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fordscape, Mar 24, 2002.

1. fordscape

fordscape Junior Member
    from pgh,pa.

i was wondering if anyone has an idea on price for a f-650 ?cab/chassis-super cab,XLT,cat-210,7 sp,chrome pkg,this truck is pretty loaded.NO air brakes.I seen it the other day and i am going to talk with dealer on 3/25-3/26,i live near pgh.pa.Also the sticker says 17500 LB rear spring/multi-leaf then futher down 4-leaf auxillary rear springs,and handling pkg.(this is for empty loads).So my questions are what is a fair price for this truck(cab/chassis)and does the rear springs mentioned before mean this truck has 19000 LB instead of 17500?A friend told me it did but he was`nt positive?
  2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I just spec'd one yesterday. Nearly the same as you want for the low, low price of $56,000.00

I think I have decided to go with an F-550 with the 21,500# max trailer weight for $42,485.00 I plan on putting a p/u bed on it and tow my 3 place car trailer. Gonna start hauling new GM vans from Chicago Heights, Il to Goshen, IN to be upfitted. I then get a backhaul of either fitted vans or Haulmark trailers.

It will be my daily driver and wifey still needs to be able to drive it so no 650 for me yet.

You can go to www.commtruck.ford.com and spec one out yourself.
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

A pick up bed for it???

Will that work? If so that would be one neat looking truck.
  4. Plow Meister

It will look just like a regular Super Duty. It uses the exact same cab as the 250 and 350. The exception is that a regular Ford pickup bed will not fit due to its length. The F-550 is much longer than the 250's and 350's. There are aftermarket beds available in fiberglass and steel. Some with encorporated tool boxes and mammoth gas tanks.

The body style changes once you get to the F-650 & 750.
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I know the pecs on the 550 which is what surprised me. I was not aware of any aftermarket beds available that still have a stock look. Got a link for any??? Sounds like a real nice setup for over the road hauling.
  6. Plow Meister

I probably won't get mine from here but this will give you an idea. If I find any more sites regarding this topic I will post them.
  7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

CTfireman, check this out, a guy put together a list of aftermarket body manufacturers for towing applications.