1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need your thoughts

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by IAFF 3445, Dec 19, 2009.

1. IAFF 3445

IAFF 3445 Junior Member

So first let me say Hi. I have been a member for a long time just never posted always reading tho. I have a 03 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel quad cab short bed that I am ready to put a plow on. So I went to the closest dealer today about 30 miles away set on buying a Meyer plow and found Hiniker today. So quest for input is this. I got three quotes today for three different plows and want to know which one you would prefer and the pro and cons of your thoughts. I am only doing small residential drives and no a lot of them either. They are all complete units installed.

Meyer-Lot Pro 7.5' steel straight blade for $5,117.13
    Hiniker 7.5' HD steel straight blade for $4646.25
    Hiniker 8' High performance Black poly poly for $5,117.13

I am already leaning towards one and I think you thoughts will confirm my thought on which one I should buy just on cost alone for the product that I would be getting. What do you guys think of the prices and I am considering installing it myself to save $500.00

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

You will want an 8' plow for that truck
  3. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

The 8 ft Hiniker poly is the way you want to go. The dependibility of the hydraulics and electrical will surpass that of the Meyer. The split trip edge offers much smoother plowing in most conditions. Finally, my poly is four years old. Without any treatment of the moldboard the snow still rolls off it like no other plow I have ever used.
  4. clacy

clacy Junior Member
    from Iowa

If you can spend some xtra money by a hiniker c plow. Once you use it, you wont want another kind.
  5. pgw0321321

pgw0321321 Junior Member
    from Indiana

C plow is worth the extra if you can swing it, if you wanna drive a little, I know of a deal.
  6. Cherryco

Cherryco Junior Member

PGW0321321 - What is considered a little drive? I am looking to go with the Scoop Plow for my F350. I have been talking to Rondo Ent in Sycamore, but I am willing to travel for a better price.
  7. pgw0321321

pgw0321321 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Ultimate trucks in Danville Indiana, 317-745-8572
    I didn't buy my cplow from him, I heard about this place after I bought mine from another guy, nor do I get any commission, but he has the best prices around.
  8. Ultimate Trucks

Ultimate Trucks Junior Member
    from Indiana

Give me a call I will make a good deal on one 8 foot c-plow in stock ready to go or I have some 8 foot steel straights will make a heck of a deal on also. The c-plow is worth its weight in gold we sell about 3-4 of them a year and most are to guys who ran their buddies the year before. Thanks and everyone have a great and happy holidays!!!

I also have a 9 foot scoop plow ready to go also that works good on the Ford F-350.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009