1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Your Opinions!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by RedArrow, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Okay guys, I need your opinions. I was checking over my plow after a light run and noticed something a little un-nerving. The A frame on my HD75 has what appears to be a small bend right behind the king pin (see photo). I took it to the local dealer and he ground away some paint and decided the frame wasn't cracked but rather bent. The piece that pivots with the plow apparently got something (rock) between it and the mating A frame part. He doesn't believe this would be warrented by Snow Dogg and doesn't believe there is anything to worry about. He didn't want to gusset or put a bead over it feeling the heat would weaken the metal. I am no welding expert so I'll buy that. What are your thoughts? I would love it if Scott from Snow Dogg weighed in!!

photo.JPG

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I don't think a rock would do that, maybe a piece of metal got in there. Though now looking closer at the pic it looks like the damage is painted, could it have been there from the factory? If it was damaged during use the paint would been scraped off in that area. I don't think its going to cause a problem, its not a high stress area. As for welding it wont hurt to lay a bead over it and grind it flat.

3. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Good catch, however, the shop ground away the paint to see if there was a crack and then hit it with some paint to keep it from rusting.

4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

That would make sense! I missed that in your post. Anyway I would not worry about it.

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Sorry I missed this. I don't think I've ever quite seen something like that before... I saw something similar where a piece of weld slag caused a "furrow" in the "smiley plate" - but it was really just a scratch - nothing like that. The dealer's explanation is plausible (a rock), and that area is not under a lot of stress. The slight bend shouldn't cause any problems. I think the bend further confirms the idea that something got in there, and then fell out.

Scott