1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need your input on the 2004 F250 SC with 7.5 fisher

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MetroBoston, Jan 21, 2005.

1. MetroBoston

MetroBoston Junior Member

Hi I'm looking at buying a new 2004 f250 XL with 7.5 fisher with 3.73 and 5.4 engine super cab. Please tell me the good or the bad if there is any.
    thank you
  2. frehawk

frehawk Junior Member

Hi,I'm running a '03 F250 with a Ext. cab 8'bed and a 8' foot Fisher I think that the 7.5 may be a little short if in a turn while plowing just my opinion. hope this helps. :redbounce JT
  3. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

You can do it with a 7.5, but it's not right. You'll be driving over and packing down the snow you didn't pick up with your plow. You need at least an 8'. I would actually go a little wider if I had to do it again. I have an 04 F250 SC 5.4 w/ an 8' Fisher MM2.
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a long bed or short bed? Either way you should run a 8' or longer blade on it. I upgraded my moldboard to an 8' and it is still too short. Put a larger tranny cooler in the truck when you get it, as well as a tranny temp gauge.
  5. MetroBoston

MetroBoston Junior Member

I would go with the short bed, and thank-you for your input, folks...........