1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Your Help Please...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowMaster, Dec 31, 2003.

1. PlowMaster

PlowMaster Banned
    from N.Y.

I have a question:

My neighbors say i'm probably the best plow guy around and I get alot of work, the problem is all my plowing is done with my back plow(See the Picture) since I havn't purchased a front plow yet.

My arms and legs get very tired and my neck aches really bad because I have to plow everything in reverse (Not to mention the fact that I'm probably gonna burn out the reverse gear on my tranny). Anyway, I'm seriously considering the Sam's Club plow (Which is VERY heavy duty) or the snow bear, how do these compare to the Blizzard? Also,should I consider installing timbrens?

In case the pic don't load my rig is a caravan with a heavy duty back plow.

myawesomerig.jpg

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

There, Thats what I'm Talkin About.

3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

In all seriousness, I think that if you just get a set of 35x12.50x15's would be all that you would need initially. I did notice that you don't have a strobe beacon, that would be another good place to start. I don't think that you would need a set of timbrens, because if you put a plow on the front, it would balance everything out, as far as weight goes. Let me study this picture a little longer, and I might be able to offer some more suggestions later. Though I'm sure within a short period of time you will get all the help that you need.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

They don't. You consider a Snow Bear as a Heavy Duty plow? Nobody else in the industry does - the manufacturer calls it a Personal Use Plow - not for commercial use.

I'm not bashing Snow Bear - they have thier place. Just not in a commercial setting.

This would be similar to comparing a sled to a Lexus. They are both meant to move people from one place to another, but ....

5. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

your not serious are you ?

6. PlowMaster

PlowMaster Banned
    from N.Y.

Yes...Can you help?

7. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I just have one question. Would that van in this plow configuration be considered a rear wheel drive vehicle??

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

here we go again......id suggest moving this into the personal use section, cause if you are seriously considering plowing commercial with either plow your talking about your van will fall apart, im sorry for my smart remark:dizzy:

9. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Must have been snowing like a lab rat behind your truck when you took that picture. Excellent photography I would have to say.

10. Mick

from Maine

windmill, on second look, I agree.

11. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Keep using that minivan for plowing and I'll guarantee you'll smoke the transmission. Chrysler minivans have a weak transmission to begin with. The added stress of plowing will just hasten it's demise.

12. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

WAIT A MIN. IS THIS GUY ALL THERE???????? A MINI VAN???????
    COME ON GUY!!!!:confused:

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Here's to the mini van people :gunsfiring: :dizzy:

14. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I don't beleive you guys are falling for this. Plow master is Laughing his ass off at you

15. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

LMAO!!!!

I would suggest putting some extra groceries in the back for added down pressure on the plow. Does that van have dual sliding side doors?? Maybe you could rig something "monster garage" style to pop out the sides for some additional clean up. Thanks for the laugh. Happy New Year to all!!!!!

16. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I'd recommend a Blizzard 810.

17. PlowMaster

PlowMaster Banned
    from N.Y.

I originally bought the rear plow when I hired this guy with a blizzard to plow my driveway. He plowed it alright, and popped out my cobble stones on my apron like they were teeth on a crack addict. After that, I said that's it and bought my own plow. The guy I bought it from never explained that I would have to drive in reverse for 12 hours straight.

18. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

THAT IS A SWEET AS* RIG! YOU FORGOT THE SALT SPREADER ON TH FRONT!
    -Jeffpayup

19. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

And with a name like PlowMaster I just had to look when he was asking for help.

I just would like to congratulate the dealer that sold him that rig.

Personally I would have installed a front mounted reciever and put the plow on the front and then put the spreader on the back. Given the guy an $2999 extended warranty plan that covered the plow and then taken off for the Bahamas for the rest of the month.

Jerre

20. Mick

from Maine

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of plow that is. It kind of looks like a glorified scoop shovel with no tripping action. No back plow like I've ever seen.

I realize the picture is total caa-caa, but he asked about a Snowbear vs a Blizzard. Actually, I think he should get a Fisher 10' Muni plow (1556#). Cut off the rear half of the roof for a 2 yd sander, put on a set of Timbrens and he's all set to go make some money.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003