1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need your feedback

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by esshakim, Nov 26, 2005.

1. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

this is my first year plowing on my own, and i picked up 40 residential accounts. i was would like to know if thats good for being a solo op.. recently just purchased a boss 8'2 V plow and salt speader that i am very impressed with. also if anyone would like to see a sample contract you could pm me and i would be glad to send that.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

You should do fine with that set-up..:nod:
  3. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

that all depends on how close your accounts are
  4. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

all the accounts are within a mile of my house
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Fourty residential accounts within one mile? You must live in a suburb. Anyway, sounds good. Have you figured out how long it will take and how you're going to get them all done if they want it done before leaving for work? And here I was feeling smug that after five years I've managed to get ten within a five mile radius.
  6. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

ive driven the route, it doesnt seem like it will take long im guessing it could take anywhere from 3-8hrs depending on the amount of snow fall and the conditions out on the roads, but i have a 24 hour window after the last snow fall and everyone that has signed up agreed with the terms. ill plow anything between 3"-10" that would be included with the season, and anything over ten inches will be considered an additional charge, i offered salt to the people and for those who excepted ill be billing them $10/spread. just really hoping for a good winter