1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need your advise.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TheLawnShark, Nov 27, 2006.

Which model to buy

1. Toro 1028 LXE

2. Simplicity 10530E

3. Ariens 11528LE

1. TheLawnShark

TheLawnShark Junior Member
    from PA

I am currently looking at buying a snow blower and I have limited the manuf to 3.
    The Ariens seem nicely balanced and well built
    The Toro seems light in front, well built with the exception of all the plastic, very user friendly
    The Simplicity sems like a tank, little nose heavy, cast iron case

I will be doing a few of my lawn clients with it. Most will be 6-7 house with sidewalks and driveways. It will be used in place of the plow truck.

I'm keeping this broad so I can get some input for the tenure pros out there.

Thanks for the advise.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  2. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Have you looked at the Snappers? Better built than the Home Depot Ariens of today. Ariens aren't what they were 20 yrs ago.

I have a Snapper and love it. Never let me down and is a tank.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

ariens because of the great service ive gotten from the one i have.....however, simplicity would be first choice if cost wasn't a factor
  4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Hands down a Toro try one of there CCR models.You will never use another blower.

5. TheLawnShark

from PA

I want to keep costs around 1500. That eliminates the Home depot crap. I current;y own a commercial Ariens ZTR.
  6. TheLawnShark

from PA

Now why don't I see a CCR model on their web site?:dizzy:
  7. TheLawnShark

from PA

I went with the Ariens. Better warranty, dealer service (use for other stuff), seemed like a nice machine and better weight distribution over simplicity
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Look on toros snowblower page. Select the drop down bar for single stage snowblowers. It will list the CCR powerlite, CCR2450 and CCR3650.
  9. Minimatt3535

Minimatt3535 Junior Member
    from MN

I'm not sure if you already bought it or not. If you haven't uou may want to look into some of the 15-20 year old used ones. I got an ariens used for 150 dollers with a 10 hp engine on it and all it needs is a new carb and an oil change (I have a spare engine for it so I'm all set) I see it as a way better investment then a new one.
    Just my thoughts,
    But as far as the blower out of those I would go with the ariens.
    I also have a toro but only like the CCR single stages. There REALLY nice in snowfall up to 6" the big ones will take well over a foot so I heard.