1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need y'alls opinion on this

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fisher guy, Jan 5, 2011.

1. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

well ive been wanting a unique new truck for a while and i think i decided on something....i came across this video and it screams me so im thinking of building something like this what do u guys think and be honest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6h5TkHW4k8
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. pretty bad ass need someting to tie in the big back of the truck to the bed better
  3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I always thought about building one. your best bet would probably finding a Mack CH613 there are a ton of single axle Macks. The only problem with the Macks are alot of them don't have jakes but you can find them with 9-10 spd eatons. There are 378's and 379's that have single axles and relatively cheap(18-30K). You could always throw a nice plow on the front and turn some heads!
  4. fisher guy

well what this guy did in the video he bought a beat up 379 with twin screws took one off and shortened the frame id either do it with a 379 extd nose if i can find one cheap or an mack R model or maybe even an old autocar the one that looks like the 379 i wanna do it for under 10k...and in plowsite tradition of course i would put a blade on it maybe even put it on with mass highway lol
  5. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

6. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

7. fisher guy

i love the idea of a class 8 truck as a pickup (probably just the redneck in me) i just told my gf im seriously considering it and she shook her head and walked away it wouldn't be a daily driver per say but it definitely would get some mileage lol all i know is i definitely want an ext hood something
  8. Pro-Lawn&Ground

Pro-Lawn&Ground Junior Member

that thing is awesome ... I'd personally have went with a flatbad with a dump hoist ... but I personally dont have the money anyways ... but it'd deff push snow lol
  9. fisher guy

i like the idea of a flatbed but it all depends on price
  10. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

One thing that may or may not be a pain in your a$$ is i think you would need a CDL or atleast a medical card to drive a truck like that. But in all honesty I think it would be a badass truck
  11. fisher guy

i got a class A cdl with a medical card if anything the guy in the video made that a private not for hire truck with a gvw of under 26,000 to keep registraition costs low

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks sweet. i would love to drive that truck around
  13. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

i say go for it and then drop it off at my house
  14. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

that is really really impractical but also really really cool i want one thats built off the truck from the movie duel
  15. speedy

speedy Senior Member

16. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I'd love that International for tugging around boats at the marina.... I get into some stuff that's really too big for my 2500 even in 4LO, that thing'd be perfect, and should have a nice tight turning radius too...

17. fisher guy

the international is pretty sweet the cxt is gave me the idea to start looking in to it but i dont feel like paying over a 100,000 for a truck
  18. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

There is a guy that subs for NH DOT in the winter here that has sort of a similar setup, instead of putting a bed on he (i think) just has the frame rails with a GIANT concrete block strapped to it for ballast. That's probably my favorite truck in the lineup...i'll try to get some pics sometime if i remember and time it right
  19. fisher guy

20. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member