1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need wheels!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by robbie, Nov 15, 2005.

1. robbie

robbie Junior Member

i need 8 lug chevy wheels, 16.5 x 10 or 12 can anybody help me, i have a set of 8 lug 15s with brand new tires on them that i am willing to trade even up if anybody has a set of 4 laying around.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would get 16" rims instead of 16.5" There are many more choices of tires to pick from with a 16" rim. Prices are also much cheaper for 16" tires... I find factory rims that where take offs at tire dealers for about 50.00 a piece...

3. robbie

robbie Junior Member

i need 16.5 for the tires that i have

i need 16.5 for the tires i got, i just spent $2000 on these tires and i have no other choice

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

No offense, but why on earth would you buy expensive tires for rims you don't have? Or were you trying to cram them onto narrow wheels?

Summit used to list the painted steel "Wagon Wheels" (the spoked ones) in sizes like that for very reasonable prices. They almost weren't worth refinishing old ones, they were that cheap.

5. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

For something that wide you probably need to get on an off road site... Buuuuut, if you buy used in that big of a size I'd bet you'll probably find somebody that had their 38.5 or 44 inch boggers on there and they will be beat or bent... I'd go new.

Pick up a 4 wheeler magazine or 4 wheel and off road. There's a few places with cheapie steel wheels that would probably fit the bill.

I think Stockton Wheel used to make anything you want but unfortunately probably for a price that's more than you want to spend...

Good Luck!

6. robbie

robbie Junior Member

i didnt think trying to find these rims would be that difficult.

7. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

i have a set of the gray steel ones i dont need that come factory on the work truck package...i dont know if they are what your lookin for but let me know

8. robbie

robbie Junior Member

wheels

are those wheels 8 lug and 16.5x10 or wider?

9. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

they're the same as these

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  10. robbie

robbie Junior Member

HOW WIDE ARE THEY?

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

If they are factory GM wheel take-offs, they will be around 7" wide. I don't know of any GM wheel from the factory that was ever wider than the 8" Corvette rally wheel... besides maybe newer Corvette alloys but you know what I mean.