1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need unimount mount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by metallihockey88, Mar 3, 2009.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

i just picked up a 2006 f250 SD and am selling my old truck but money is tight and dont have the cash for a new plow. so was wondering if anyone has a unimount mount that will fit my truck laying around they would like to sell. please let me know. thanx
  2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I dont believe they ever made a unimount for the coil spring superduty. You will need a ultramount with the unimolumt adaptor.
  3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

i have seen uni-mount plows on the 05-07 style, and even saw one on an 08+ style, but I have no idea of the frame, if it was just a uni-mount, or had an ultra-mount conversion. Call you local Western dealer, they can help.
  4. metallihockey88

yea...i wasnt sure about mounts for this year truck...only see mounts for 99-04 and dont know if that would work but some guy is selling 05-07 mounts on ebay so guess they must make one. was just seeing if someone had one on here that i could get cause wanna get the truck done up soon, praying for a few more pushes this year but of course you know if i get the new truck all done up, it wont dip below 50 degrees this month
  5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

i couldn't find anything on ebay? The only thing that showed up listed as Uni-mount for those years is item # 260369254418 but that is actually an ultra-mount frame.
  6. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

For what someone is going to rape you money wise for a uni-mount frame, you could almost buy a ultra-mount frame with the conversion kit.. In my opinion your better off with the ultra frame, so if you want to upgrade your plow down the road your all ready for it... If your looking to save some cash, I have a friend of mine who owns a small shop in glen ellyn, who would install everything alot cheaper then any dealer.. And he does exceptional work. If your interested let me know
  7. metallihockey88

i know its a picture of an ultramount frame but its clearly listed as as unimount mount so i emailed the guy and waiting for his response.
  8. metallihockey88

yea, i think i might end up going that route but then i have to either wire the truck up for both set-ups or rewire the plow to work with the new setup which makes it useless to someone that buys it when i get rid of it unless i convert it back. thanx for offering the help of your buddy but i got a great plow guy up here that takes care of me real good.
  9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They don't make it, only up to 04.5. You'll have to get an Ultra with Conversion.
  10. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i have the unimount adapter for sale same thing im selling my 04 f250 i got the unimount plow adapter call me 973 955 7539