1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need UniMount Conversion kit for 2001 Silverado

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by harley9202, Nov 27, 2007.

1. harley9202

harley9202 Junior Member

I have an older Western Unimount plow that I want to hook up to my 2001 Silverado 1500. Does anyone know of any cheaper mounting kits. Western wants $750 for the Ultramount conversion kit.
  2. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

you will have to find a used one, western did away with unimounts so you just gotta search for used, check ebay
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

4. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

You will loose some serious ground clearance with that adaptor. I put one on for a guy down here and even with the torsion bars cranked up a little and front tire air pressures up he still had problems with it bottoming out every once in awhile.
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

There are 3 versions of the adaptor. The 1st one broke way to easyly. 2nd didn't work on chevys real well. The lasted one works fantasic. Very heavy dudy and 2 sets of plates to let it work on chevys and ford/dodges.
  6. harley9202

harley9202 Junior Member

I found a unimount frame for my truck in the used equip section. What luck. Thanks for the responses though.