1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need truck mount for meyer tm6.5

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by firebug130, Sep 13, 2007.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Well I recently acquired a TM6.5 meyer plow with the light bracket, pump etc. Everything needed except the truck mount. I understand that this was a two part mount, one for the undercarriage of the truck the other one had the pump and lights attached which slide into the truck mount. The slide came off of a 2001 Ranger. My problem is that I just found out that Meyers does not make a truck mount for this plow. I'm assuming because it is a unibody frame. My question is this, Can I have a mount fabricated to fit this application or am I just asking for trouble? I really do not want to buy anything new at this time. Has anyone ever done this and if so how did it turn out.

My truck is a 99 tacoma ext cab v6 auto and has the TRD package.

Any advice, help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Little Truck

Little Truck Junior Member
    from Indy

It seems we are both in the same boat... I found that same plow for $1000 and it comes with all the bits except the mount and Meyer does not make a mount for the Taco. My local guy says he can modify the Tundra mount to work, but he also wants $600 to mount it.,...

3. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Meyer does not make a mount for our truck, but I had a local welder/machinist fabricate me a mount. They did a great job. The set up works great, however i have yet to plow any snow with it but I do not expect any problems. I went online and printed a picture from the mount that meyers makes for the 80's thru the 94. They went off that picture, took measurements and built it to fit my plow/truck. The only problem I am having is that the truck wants to run a little hot with the blade onin the up position. I believe that the blade is diverting the air flow away from the radiator. I hope to resilve this soon. Any advice?

Good luck with it.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2007