1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need truck bed

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowman91, Mar 1, 2011.

1. my truck was involved in an accident and i need to replace the bed. its an 01 f250 short box (6 3/4') truck also needs a bumper. if anyone has them or knows where to get them please let me know.
  2. Chipper

Chipper Member

Sounds like time for a flat bed????
  3. Almost lol I found a bed on cragislist for just over 1k but I don't usually trust craigslist when they ask for a deposit
  4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

good luck!! superduy shortbeds are rarer than hens teeth.

you can try cliffside body corp on tonnelle ave in fairview,rite next to fairview tire. but i think all they have are 8 ft bodys
  5. I drove past before n called when I got home no fords that are short have been there for a while
  6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

you can try calling junk yards and see if they can put the locating service out and see if anyone has one but you can try concourse auto recylers in west milford nj 973-283-0430 or a couple others go online and look up the numbers.i mean i can name a whole bunch but i dont have numbers but i can name them and some i know what towns there in to.
  7. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Searchable on state/province. Even tells what fits what on the fly (parts from other models that will fit).
  8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

there is only one short bed in both new jersey and new york listed there, and it has heavy body damage to it. that is why i did not even bothr to mention car-part.com.
    i have been looking for one for over a year now.
  9. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

I have gotten two from LKQ for both times I was rear-ended. Long box and the same color (red) that I had. Good shape with tailgates. About $1800.
  10. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Okay here's another suggestion. There's a company in California, used to be called Rancho Ford Truck. Acre upon acre of nothing but Fords. I lucked out on some hard to find parts a few years back. A quick google shows they changed the name to Ford Auto & Truck Recycling, INC. Unfortunatly the website isn't up right now. Could be it's down for maintenance, or could be they went t*ts up. Worth a shot though, but no idea on how much it would cost to get a box delivered....

Here's a link to the Yellow Pages listing, which includes phone number: