1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to vent!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fishinmedic, Feb 23, 2011.

1. fishinmedic

fishinmedic Junior Member

I bought a brand new SW8600 this year after doing a ton of research and hearing really good things about them and Blizzards in general. (minus the normal mine is better than yours stuff). I have had nothing but problems with it this year. Bought it in Sept, and it went down on the first snowfall of the year. That ended up being the 3 port mod under the hood. Since, it's gone down on me 3 more times. I bring it back to a local dealer(who I didn't buy from cause the dealer I did buy it from sold it to me for $600 less but is 2 hours away) and he checks everything out and he can't find the problem. I took it back to the guy I bought it from and he has a power hitch switch replaced and it works again for a month and now it's down again and nobody can figure it out. They tried replacing the mod box on the pump with any luck. They rechecked the wiring and switches multiple times. I'm bringing it to a totally different dealer per the sellers request to see if he can figure it out. At this point I want a different plow. When it works it works GREAT! The problem is when you have 17 accounts and you keep having electrical issues with it that nobody can figure out. I told the dealer I bought it from that I wanted a new plow :mad:and he gave me the "well, I don't know how that works I've never done that before" and then tells me he called the VP of Blizzard. I'm afraid that I've got a electrical gremlin that I'm going to be stuck dealing with next year after I get a couple more plows out of it this year and my warranty expires. Right now my plow is sitting as high as it goes as I was stacking when it died, so I don't have squat for lights for night driving. The red light flashes at me on the stick. And the crap I've received for not buying a BOSS from the guys at work isn't helping. I really hope you guys have better luck than me.
  2. ppetroska

ppetroska Junior Member

Boy, in a way, I wish I had your problems. My problems have all been of the physical sort. I bought my truck used (2006 F350) with the Blizzard 810 Power Plow already installed. I brought it to the local Blizzard dealer to have it checked out before this season and he replaced all the bent pins, replaced some hoses, etc. to the tune of about $600. So far this season, I have spent another $1000 in welding and parts to keep the plow together (just about every angle split open on the A-frame and blew out the weld on one of the plow angle hydraulic cylinders). My dealer tells me that I will probably need to replace the A-frame next season.

While out plowing in this last storm, I began to wonder why I couldn't see the top of my plowlights over the hood and could only see about 50 feet in front of me with my plowlights. Turns out that the truck side mount is now located about 6 inches to the right (pass. side) of where it should be and is now bent about 15 degrees downward. My plow now only lifts about 6 inches off the ground and I'm ready to junk the thing.

You would think that I have a ton of accounts but I have only12 single home driveways except for one 4 unit condo and none of them are particularly tough to handle. We have had quite a few plowing events this year but still, I figured the plow would have held up better than it has. I'm pretty good about taking it slow (under 10 mph) and I try not slam it into snow banks. With all the snow this season, I've been doing a lot of stacking and am wondering if that has something to do with the problems I've been having. Thanks for letting me vent too! :mad: