1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need To Vent Ahhh

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by motorider000, Mar 21, 2005.

1. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

I just called my trailer dealership to reserve the dump trailer for a couple more days (already had it reserved for 1 1/2 weeks). And they say oh, we don;t have that trailer anymore. WHAT THE F&%^!!!!!!! now they have a trailer half the size! The kicker is that before I based TWO WEEKS worth of work around having this trailer rented, I called them and the ASSURED me that they would still have the trailer in the rental fleet. I asked the guy what the H*^^ happened to the trailer and he said some guy stopped in and plopped cash on the table and he thought that the trailer was getting a little old. SO HE SOLD IT!!! Now i am stuck with four different jobs, no dump trailer (no one else close has one large enough) and now I need to buy one. Well i have a grand total of $300 dollars in my pocket (I am a new business i am sure that you know the feelin) and i need a $5000 trailer to uphold my pormises to my NEW customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!well i am gonna go and pull more hair out.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  3. motorider000

Bought me a new 6x10 7000# dumper todays boys. Gotta love financing!!

4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Got to love it, something always works out :D

Congratulations to ya, bud

** post pictures**

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Hey, do a little networking you could let them borrow your trailer if you can use their Bobcat,backhoe, or post hole digger. Talk to some mulch dealers, maybe you can do their deliveries?
    Pay it off, next time you can buy a dump truck and make even more money!
    Toys are good , play with them!

6. motorider000

I won't loan out the trailer due to the fact that all my stuff is lettered up with company name. I will get you guys some pics of all my new equipment as soon as it is ready to go. This year i bought: 16x8.5 trailer, 6x10 dumper, 52" scag tiger cub with bagger, and 1992 silverado 2500.

I am good friends with the local mulch dealer and we have talked about doing their deliveries before but hopefully I stay too busy this summer to do them.

As far as the dump truck goes, both places that I buy my mulch and dirt prefer to use dump trailers for delievery. Plus I would hate plowing w/o a rearview mirror.