1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to start looking

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by HD61CUIN, Feb 12, 2002.

1. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Well if this spring is to be a buyers market, I need some advice as to what to look for in a Dodge. I want something preferably with a plow mounted already. Like to keep it under 12G, I have a trade in and don't really want to shell out a ton o'cash. How about the year and problems associated with each. What are key areas to look at, what to stay away from. I am hoping for a CTD but it is not essential. I like leaving my vehicle running in the winter, stays warm. When I plow in the winter I like t-shirts, so a warm vehicle makes quick cold sprints ok. I like the current body nothing like the older pre 93 body. So 93 and up....

Thanks upfront for the opinions

lets hope next year is better, I have already written this one off!

2. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

I bought a 91 three years ago 4X4 5 speed with Dodge 250 with Cummins and talk about mileage while plowing. It does run all night and day when plowing. Had minor probs with brakes but for 10 K I`ll put it up against anything out there fresh off the lot (excluding Dodge) and out work them hands down. The Cummins is what they brag about and more. You may not get from a to z in three seconds but when the chips are down that Cummins will still be sitting there purring along long after most trucks are shoved into the crusher. I like everthing Industrial strength and if you do, you`ll prefer Cummins. Running a strait pipe along the flat bed behind the cab is essential to getting the most satisfaction out of the unit, in my humble opinion.:D

3. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Thanks